Thursday, April 3, 2014

Little Miss Muffet~INSPIRATIONAL POST!

Little Miss Muffet Stamps

Happy Thursday everyone! Today over at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge Blog we are showcasing DT cards for inspiration. Be sure to check out my DT sisters' cards...they will definitely get your mojo flowing!

Before I get to my card I wanted to share the following photo. A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to a Coloring Retreat in Dallas, TX hosted by Barbara (Forgotten Scraps/LMM), Zoe (Make it Crafty), and Christy (Tiddly Inks). It was an amazing time!! Not only did I learn some new techniques, but I walked away with some new friends. These ladies were all AWESOME and TALENTED in so many ways!! Because it was such a success, there will probably be one next year, WOOT, WOOT! So start saving your money now. You will definitely want to be a part of it! :)

Back Row (standing): Kim, Janice, Jodi, Carla, Renate, ...., Debbie, Tina, Stephanie, and LaRhonda
Middle Row (sitting): Courtney, Christy (Tiddly Inks), Barbara (LMM), Peggy, Torrey, and Nicky
Front Row: Zoe (MiC) and Rosie (me)

At the retreat, we were challenge to use our markers to color in a face on one of our Little Miss Muffet stamps. I picked Jr. Hatter Lilith. Originally, her eyes are closed. I added some "open" eyes following Barbara's (Forgotten Scraps) face tutorial. Now this is my first time ever trying this. I can say that Barbara makes it look sooooo easy, but it definitely takes a lot of practice. Hopefully, my next few tries will be better. :)

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E13
Eyes: YG23, G07
Lips: R20
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Red: R22, R24, R27, R29
Green: YG23, G24, G07
Birds: B00, B02, B05
Skirt/Boots: E41, E42, E43, E44

My card was inspired by the new friends I made!! I used dps from MME and Webster's Pages. The chipboard stickers and the green rhinestones are Studio G from Walmart. The ribbon was from a friend.

 Now, don't forget to head over to the Little Miss Muffet Challenge Blog to see more inspiration!

Have a great Thursday!
Hugs,
Rosie ;)

2 comments:

cebelica said...

I'm happy to hear you had a great time at the coloring retreat and that you made some new friends and learned something new. Yay! :D
I would have never guessed this image you used originally came with closed eyes. She looks cute with opened eyes too. :)
Great card! Hugs! xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I am so pleased to see a group photo! You should post that up at LMMS! This is a fab card Rosie, I love the face and your vibrant use of colour :)