Saturday, October 17, 2020

TLC Designs Double Dial Die with Paperie Ink Happy Vibes

 Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I'm showing off an AWESOME interactive die from TLC Designs Shop called the DOUBLE DIAL DIE! I'm not going to lie....when I first received this die to play with I was very intimidated. But I took some advice from another blogger and put it together with scrap paper first following the detailed directions that came with the die. It was sooooooo easy to put together, and starting with scrap paper so I could see how it worked helped me tremendously! I honestly don't know why I waited so long! There are quite a few video tutorials out there with lots of tips to help you along the way.

 
Once I put it together and saw how it worked, I went through my stamps to come up with some ideas that would fit. Now, I want to double dial everything, LOL! For my first card using this die, I settled on these adorable sloth stamps from Paperie Ink called HAPPY VIBES. The sentiment is from another Paperie Ink set called MONKEY DO. I set the turn mechanism in the top, right corner. When you turn it, the sloth at the bottom of the tree slides up and the sloth hanging from the top of the tree slides to the left, and then they grab hands....pretty cool, right?!!

So here are some tips that might help you!
1. Double up your cardstock on the turn mechanism and the swinging arm. Those pieces need to be a little thicker so they don't bend.
2. Use larger brads on the arm parts because those are the brads you will be gluing your images to. If the brads are too small, the images don't want to stay adhered.
3. Don't tighten the brads on the arms too tightly against your cardstock, otherwise they won't move very well.
 

I'm sure I will have additional advice after I use this die more. Also, check out the YouTube videos using this die for more tips. Be sure to head over to the TLC Designs Store. There are so many new things including clear stamps, digital stamps, and lots of dies. You can even grab some FREEBIES to color up this weekend.
 
Hugs!
Rosie

No comments: