Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Dies R Us: Oh So Merry Frame & Shaker Tutorial!

 Happy Tuesday everyone. It's Rosie here today for my first post as a Dies R Us Designer. I'm so excited to showcase the amazing dies carried in the Dies R Us Store! For my project today, I'm featuring the Memory Box Oh So Merry Frame Die, along with the Lawn Fawn Merry Christmas Border Die. I wanted to show the variety of ways this die can be used, and also how the look changes based on the papers/colors used.

I cut out the Memory Box Oh So Merry Frame Die multiple times from white cardstock and also from white glitter cardstock. If I know I'm going to make multiple cards in one sitting I cut out several at one time.

This die cut measures 4.25" x 5.5", so I cut my patterned paper at 4.5" x 6". I also die cut the Lawn Fawn Merry Christmas Border Die, but only used the word Christmas. That's the great thing about dies....you can cut apart the different elements and use them separately. Take a look at the Oh So Merry Die. If you wanted to, you could cut out the word Merry and also the snowflakes to create a totally different design.

To finish off this pretty easy and simple card, I just glued the white die cut frame and the word Christmas on top of the patterned paper. Next, I cut red cardstock at 5" x 6.25" to go behind the patterned paper. The white card base is 5.25" x 6.5".

 
Since I had multiple of these die-cuts ready, I decided to make a SHAKER version of the same card. I used the same dies, and cut a piece of plastic the same size of the die: 4.25" x 5.5".
 

I glued the Oh So Merry Frame and the word Christmas on top of the plastic. Then I turned it over and added foam tape around the border to create an edge to encase the sprinkles. I filled it with various snowflake and star sprinkles and glitter from my stash.

Next, to enclose everything I cut an extra piece of decorative paper the same size as the frame, 4.25" x 5.5" and glued that on top. You can also cut an extra piece of plastic that same size to close it off. This makes it easier to line up the shaker on your card base because you can now flip it over to see what you are doing.

Here you can see it flipped back over and sitting next to the card base. 

And, here is the Shaker element glued to the card base.

You can see how this shaker element takes the card to the next level. It just makes it's more fun and interactive for your recipient!

 And here are both versions side-by-side. It is a little hard to see the word Christmas with the shaker element, but only because all the sprinkles have settled to the bottom of the card, and the picture is at an angle.

To make the card even more "extra", you can add a bow, along with some sparkles to the snowflakes. Really it just depends on how much time you have. If you wanted to change it up even more, you could add some stamped characters. The possibilities are endless!

Here is a pink shaker version using the same dies! I wanted you to see how you can change up the feel of the card, by using different papers and different colors. For this card, I did cut extra plastic to go on the back of the shaker element since I only had 1 sheet of this pink star paper.

 Here are the products I used:

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month, and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
 
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week!

No comments: