Wednesday, April 25, 2018

DIES R US: Have A Magical Day with Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends!

Happy Thursday everyone! It's Rosemary here sharing this card created with Lawn Fawn Dies, Stamps and Paper. I really enjoy creating scene cards, and the awesome selection at DIES R US gives me so many options!! I love that they carry Lawn Fawn Stamps and paper along with a bunch of their dies. It makes creating a cohesive scene easy and fun!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
The links to all of the products used for this card from the Dies R Us Store are shown below. Here is a step-by-step of how I created this card. I used Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Backdrop Portrait Die, Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends, and Lawn Fawn Simple Puffy Cloud Frames Dies.

First, I cut out the large hillside backdrop die from green cardstock twice. On the 2nd one, you don't need the full shape....just the bottom part. 

On the 2nd piece, you are going to snip off the bottom part. I always like to raise that part on foam squares to give the card more dimension.

Here you can see what you need....the full die-cut and then just the bottom portion of the hillside.

Next I cut out the clouds, and added blue cardstock for the sky. The clouds have not been glued on yet. I'm going to add foam squares to the large cloud later. If you are going to stamp a sentiment like I did on the green panel, then you want to do that now before you add foam squares to the back.

Next, I stamped the house twice on watercolor paper, and once on the patterned paper. This pad is no longer in the store, but I linked the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid-Spring 6x6 Paper Pad below because the patterns are similar.

I cut around the patterned paper house. Next I took a craft knife and cut out the little window areas. I used Mustard Yellow Distress Marker to color yellow on the window on one of the blank images. Then I glued the patterned paper house on top of the house with the yellow window. Next, I used Distress Markers to color the door, step, and rooftop of the 2nd house. The green was Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and Crushed Olive. The pink was Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar. The door was Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen. The step was Black Soot.

After the watercolor dried, I cut out the rooftop and door. I also colored the areas I'm paper-piecing black so if I didn't cut the roof and door precisely, the pattered paper underneath won't show.

I decided to do a simple paper tole effect on the house so I added foam squares (you can cut the squares so they fit better) to the roof and door.

You can see the raised effect here. Later, I ended up taking the foam off the back of the door and just gluing the door directly to the house. It worked better with the design.

Here you can see some of the dimension. The large cloud, the fairies, the house and the bottom green panel with the sentiment are all raised on foam squares. I did the same paper tole technique on the flowers next to the house.

**********************************************************
Here are the Dies R Us products used:




(the one I used isn't in the store, but the SPRING paper pad 
is very close to the same colors)

(to color the fairy house and flowers)




**********************************************************************
For more inspiration, come join the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month, and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us StoreFor your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
Come check these out! Click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Have an AWESOME Thursday!

No comments: