Monday, April 2, 2018

2018 Stamping For Autism Awareness Blog Hop!

Happy Monday everyone! I'm back today participating in an Autism Awareness Blog Hop under The Greeting Farm! There are a ton of sponsors for this event who are giving a way a lot of prizes. Head over to the So Many Stamps So Little Time Blog for all the information on how you can support this cause and join in for free prizes!!

I have several friends who have autistic children so when I was asked to participate, I jumped on board to show my support! Having an autistic child is a tough job. While there are many blessings , there are also a lot of struggles, and not just within the family. Some of the struggle comes from the outside world with people not being understanding or helpful or inclusive.

While I don't have an autistic child, I do have a brother and sister who both have special needs so I've seen first hand the ostracizing and bullying that can occur from children and adults. So my challenge to you and even myself is to be more understanding, more helpful, and more inclusive!

For my card today I used this stamp set from The Greeting Farm called Little Heroes. The one thing I often hear from parents of an autistic child is how much of a hero their child is to them so I knew I had to do a superhero card. These cuties were colored with Copic Markers.
 Copics:
Skin: E000, E51, E21, E11, E15
Brown Skin: E21, E11, E13, E15
Black Hair: C3, C7, Black
Blonde Hair: Y32, YR24, YR27
Brown Hair (top boy): E42, E47, E49
Brown Hair (bottom boy): E71, E77, E79
Red: R24, R27, R29, R39
Blue: B23, B24, B29
Green: YG23, YG17, YG67
Black: C5, C7, C9

I used some digital paper from Etsy that is currently on SALE. You can purchase it HERE. The original printout has gray stripes, but I colored every other one black with a sharpie. I used the Memory Box Starry Lens Die to create the shaker element in the middle of the card. The sentiment is part of the Little Heroes set.

The list below shows the list of Companies participating in this AWESOME event! Be sure to head over to the So Many Stamps So Little Time Blog for more information! Have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Rosie

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super DUPER CUTE!!!! Thanks for being a part of this AWESOME event!!!!

Dina Glass said...

We all are superheroes!! Thx for great card!

Laetitia Lisa said...

wow !! fantastic card !! looooove it !!

funkycrafter said...

such a bright, cheery card.

Waving My Wand said...

So colorful and eye catching! Thank you so much for participating in this worthy cause!