Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspiration Monday-Snowflakes

Good Morning Everyone! It's another Inspiration Monday today. But before I get to that, did you see that Irina just released some more cuties, just in time for Autumn and the Thanksgiving Holiday?! They are sooooo new that they are only available in digi form right now. We've got Baking Marci, Luka with Pumpkin (our very 1st sitting Luka!), Pilgrim Marci and Pilgrim Luka! They are absolutely ADORABLE! So head on over to the STORE and get your new digis so you can get started on your holiday creating! :)

This week our La-La Land Crafts Challenge is:

SNOWFLAKES

I decided to use this cutie called Ice Skating Marci! She's not a new release, but I just love her adorable skating pose! She definitely takes me back to my childhood. When I was little I lived in Germany (my dad was in the Army), and every winter my parents would take us ice skating at the local arena. We always had the best time and I was actually pretty good at it! Of course, now I'm a scaredy cat and a little more afraid of falling on the hard ice....OUCH!!

I've colored her with Copics and chalk.
Skin: E000, chalk
Lips: R20
Hair: E57, E37, E33
Hat: R81, R83, R85, C7, C3, BV23, Liquid Applique
Jacket: C7, C3, BV23, R85
Clothes: R81, R83, R85, Liquid Applique
Socks: R81, R83, R85
Ice Skates: R85, C7, C3, BV23


For my project, I made a snowflake ornament. The wood snowflakes came from my local Hobby Lobby. They had two different styles of snowflakes, so I glued one on top of the other to make mine more dimensional.

The snowflake paper is from The Paper Studio. I added Star Dust Stickles to the middle snowflake and to the royal blue cardstock behind it for extra bling.

Here's a view of my snowflake ornament hanging on the wall. I think it turned out pretty darn cute! :)

Don't forget you can upload your creations all month long to our Customer Gallery so you can be in the drawing at the end of the month for a gift certificate to the Store.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Rosie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful rnament, I love snowflakes and Marci looks gorgeous standing there
Hugs Julie P

Pen to Paper said...

I've never seen these stamps before. I just went to the LaLa site. Very cool and cute! I wish I could afford to buy a bunch of them!

Hugs,

Jackie

cebelica said...

This image reminds me on my childhood. I used to go ice skating more or less every day in winter on the lake close to our house. Ah, those were the days. Good memories!
Your snowflake ornament sure did turned out incredibly cute. I love it! Hugs, M.