Thursday, October 20, 2011

CropStop Challenge #42-Halloween

Happy Thursday y'all! We have another great CropStop Challenge for you this week and it's.....HALLOWEEN!

When Isaiah was little we didn't do much for Halloween because 1.) it's normally pretty darn cold in Oklahoma on Halloween and 2.) he was too little to even know what was going on (plus he didn't eat candy). Now though, he's in school and they always have a party on the Friday before, so he knows he gets candy if he goes around trick-or-treating. Last year was the first year we actually celebrated it. There are not a lot of houses in our neighborhood so I didn't have to worry about him bringing home bags of candy....thank goodness!

For my project today, I found this AWESOME coffin template at Holiday Crafts and Creations. It's already decorated with the wood grain and R.I.P. Once I cut the pieces out, I scored the lines with my Scor-pal. Then all I had to do was assemble it with my Scor-tape, and add my embellishments....quick and easy!!

I used a Martha Stewart Iron Fence border punch and put pop-dots behind it to give it some dimension. I also took my Fabric-Tac glue and draped it across the back of the fence to get some wispy glue strands so it would resemble spider webs (you can see them better in the close-up below). The bat stickers are also from Martha Stewart.

I decided to use this super-cute Magnolia Mini called Mummy Edwin. I don't see him in the CropStop Store at the moment, but there is an Edwin that looks like Dracula.....called Halloween Edwin who would also be perfect for this coffin! I stamped him on X-press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored him with Copics, of course!

There is plenty of room on the inside for candy. On the Holiday Crafts and Creations website, they cut out brownies in the shape of the coffin box and then piped a skeleton in white frosting on top of the brownie....so cute and clever (although I'm not sure I would have the time or patience to do 21 of them for Isaiah's class)!

Here's a side view so you can see what it looks like closed. I would definitely tie twine around it if I filled it with candy to keep it closed. :)

Don't forget to upload your Halloween creation to the CropStop Challenge blog for a chance at winning a gift certificate to the store. And, if you use my discount code, CTRB-2, you'll get an additional 10% off your total order (no minimum required)!

Have a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Rosie
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

WOW! What a Halloween creation! Spooky too for me to look at. lol We don't celebrate Halloween too nor join others who celebrate them. We look forward for Christmas as the only festive occasion/holiday to look forward to on the last quarter of the year.

Kathleen - Fellow Cropstop CT member
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

cebelica said...

This coffin is really great and it does make a perfect little box for the Halloween candy. And using the glue to create a spider web?! That's a brilliant idea. Not even in a million years would I think of that. It's amazing! Very boo-tiful project! Hugs, M.

Larissa said...

This is fabulous for Halloween!

Hugs,
Larissa

Pen to Paper said...

Cuuuuteee!!!!! I want to see what you fill this up with! It's so adorable!

Hugs,

Jackie

Kelly said...

Very nice, I love how real the wood looks and the mummy is so cute, great treat box for your little one.