Thursday, October 6, 2011

CropStop Challenge #40: Dainty Doily

Happy Thursday y'all!! It's another GREAT challenge at CropStop today, and it's my turn to post projects this month so I hope you join me every week for something new. :)

School is in session and things are really busy in our household. On top of everything else, my boss asked me to start working every day so now I feel like I have less time to do the stuff I want to do! I know you all can relate!!

Well, let's get on to this week's challenge......DAINTY DOILY! Now, we should see a lot of you Maggie lovers participating cause I know how popular doilies are on your cards! Really they are sooooo versatile and add such a special touch.

The doily is behind my mini Tilda and Edwin...aren't the two love birds soooooo ADORABLE?!! I took a plain, white doily from my stash and stamped over it with a script stamp from Inkadinkado in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. Then I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The beautiful dps came from MME Lost & Found SUNSHINE. The flowers are a combo from Recollections and WOC. The lace trim from WOC started off white and I inked over it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make it brown. The thin yellow trim on top of the lace is from Affinity (Hobby Lobby). The dark brown pearls in the corners are CTMH.

Here's a closeup of these cute Minis. I stamped my images on Copic X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored them with Copics and chalk. I'm still trying to get used to it, but I'm finding it's better to work with a light touch since the ink stays wet on top longer. If you look at Edwin, you can see I paper-pieced his shirt, sweater, and pant cuffs. :)

Here's a side view so you can see the dimension. Tilda and Edwin are sitting up on pop-dots. And, of course, I never create a card without my Scor-Pal and Scor-Tape....the best stuff out there...especially for 3-D projects!!

Well folks, that's it for me! I'm writing this Wednesday evening and I'm just plum tuckered out so I'm off to bed! The kiddo had a friend come over to play this evening, and they have lots of energy so they wore me down! :)

Have a great week and don't forget to link up your card at CropStop for a chance at winning a gift certificate! I hope I see you there!

Hugs,
Rosie

Photobucket

18 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

What a sweet, adorable and fantastic card, Rosie! I just love all the the detailed work and the finishing touches. It's so cute and yet has a vintage appeal from the shade of color chosen for the card. TFS how it was crafted. =)

Kathleen - Fellow Cropstop CT member
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Rene said...

Awwww! Aren't they sweet there? And plaid? Oh I am MAD for plaid!!!!
Rene :D

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely adorable card, Rosie! Beautiful lace and that flower is TDF!!! You really do gorgeous work!
hugs, Sharon

Card Crazy said...

OMGosh! The lace - the beautiful lace! This card is lovely in all its detail - and the lace!
Sue S.

Vicki said...

Rosie, this is gorgeous. I love that you stamped on the doily! Gotta love those minis too!!

Kelly said...

They are so cute and you colored them perfectly to match my favorite paper. LOL. I have all the MME paper as I am addicted to their style. I love his vest, the doily, and them sitting on the ribbon, this is such a adorable card.

Karen said...

How adorable. The colors are fantastic. So nicely matched.

Karen

Karen said...

This is amazing Rosie...so stunning!

Chris said...

Rosie, this is just lovely! I think your color scheme is perfect, the flowers are a perfect compliment. There are so many interesting elements. Your coloration of Tilda and Edwin is spot on! Great job!

XOXO,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Rosie! I love the vintage look and your pretty lace, and Tilda and Edwin of course. Just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Mascha Zimmerman said...

It's wonderfll, just so pretty, love the fall colors. Bye Mascha

Christina C. said...

Soooo adorable, Rosie!!! Love this duo!

Barb Hardeman said...

Fabulous use of the two mini's Rosie. This card is so pretty and the lace you used is just gorgeous! Beautiful in every way...hugs...Barb

Elle said...

Awwwwww....this is so sweet! I love the vest!

Paula said...

Oh this is just too cute! I love the layout and the doily! And of course, Tilda and Edwin look fantastic! Very cute card :)

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is precious!! I love your doily and the colors and flowers!! ;) Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Wow rosie this is truly stunning!!!!1 fabulous work!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh I just noticed this card Rosie, it is super sweet and and made me smile just looking at it :o)
Hugs,
Cabio