Monday, October 10, 2011

Inspiration Monday-Halloween

Good Morning Everyone! Did you get a chance to check out our BRAND, NEW Release of La-La Land Crafts stamps?? Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen!!! They are in the STORE right now for pre-order and will ship on October 15th, WOO HOO!!

This week our La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Challenge is:

HALLOWEEN

It's hard to believe Halloween is in a few weeks....man this year is flying by!! We already got the little one his Halloween costume. He's been into Mario Brothers lately and wanted to be Luigi this year. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps that mustache on, LOL!

And....you know that means Christmas is right around the corner, right?!?! I'm definitely not ready for that. I always have these big ideas of projects that I'm going to make for the holidays. Then, before I know it, the holidays quickly pounce on me, and I end up buying cards and presents for everyone, haha!

For today's Inspiration I decided to use this uber-CA-UUUTE Pumpkin Marci....perfect for Halloween! I colored her with Copics and chalk. I used a Prima corner stamp for the distressed edge around my image and embossed it in black. Then I smudged Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges and almost to the image.

Coloring Medium: Copics & Chalk
Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, R20, chalk
Lips: R85
Hair: E37, E33
Hat: YR02, YR04, YR09, chalk, G24, YG25, YG41, YG45, E37, E33
Pumpkin Outfit: YR02, YR04, YR09, G24, YG25, YG41, YG45, BV08, V05
Socks: YG45, YG25, YG41
Shoes: E37, E33, E000, chalk
Pumpkin Basket: YR02, YR04, YR09, BV08, V05
Lollipop: BV08, V05, YG25


The halloween dps came from Recollections Ravenhead Manor. The spider web border is from a Martha Stewart border punch. The cool black flower is made using a NEW EK Success punch called Dahlia Petals. I used some MS felt web trim and glued it onto the green dp. The sheer orange ribbon and thin black/polka dot ribbon came from Michaels. The black rose is from WOC (it started off cream and I used my black copic to color it). The pearls in the corners are from Close to my Heart.

You can see in the side view that I used pop-dots behind the panel Marci is on.

Well, that's it for me today! Have a great week and see ya back here on Thursday for my CropStop post. Don't forget you could win a gift certificate to the La-La Land Crafts STORE by uploading your creations to our Gallery!

Hugs!
Rosie

2 comments:

cebelica said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I have to admit I'm not THAT crazy about Halloween (probably because we don't really celebrate it here, though it's getting more and more popular), but I really like your card. Marci is very cute and I looooove that flower you made. The ribbon is fab too and I love the black rose in the middle of the bow. Wonderful card!

Hugs, M.

Anonymous said...

Love this one! The colors and spiderweb border look awesome! Love your little Marci too, she looks just set for trick or treating
Hugs Julie P