Thursday, October 27, 2011

CropStop Challenge #43-Unique Fold

It's Thursday (just in case it slipped your mind, haha), and time for another AWESOME CropStop Challenge. The challenge this week is to make a card with a UNIQUE FOLD (no A2 or square cards).

I tend to be a creature of habit and my usual go-to card is a 6x6 square so when I saw this challenge I wasn't sure what to do. As I was filing some things, I came across a Z-Fold Christmas Card my Auntie Val mailed us last December....then the "AH HA" moment happened. I've been saving that card because I wanted to give it a try!! Then I saw a Z-Fold card on Katie's Blog with a punched border, and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to use my new Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Edge Punch that I just bought from CropStop....LOVE IT! (I've been on the hunt for this butterfly border set for a while and finally found it!)

I colored my Maggies a while ago so I can't remember the colors I used. The double-sided dp is from Basic Grey Indie Bloom. Did you see the cute Heather Flower Soft I used in the basket of Tilda with Flowing Hair?? I think it adds a special touch. :) The red rose is from Recollections and the pink flowers came from my friend Cebelica...thanks sweetie!!

The white doily below is also from my friend Cebelica....she's so awesome! I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. The sentiments on the front and back panels came from the same set, Heartfelt Creations Classic Message....this is my favorite set!!

Here's a list of all the supplies I used from the CropStop Store:
Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics & Chalk
Heather Flower Soft
Stardust Stickles
Scor-pal
1/4" wide Scor-Tape

Spellbinders Heart Circles
Heartfelt Creations-Classic Message
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink


Don't forget you can link up your creation to the CropStop Challenge Blog for a chance at a $15 gift certificate!! And, if you order anything through the store, you can use my discount code, CTRB-2 for an additional 10% off.....who couldn't use some extra savings?!?!

If you stopped by, please leave me some feedback so I know you visited! I love to read your comments! Have a great week and hope to see ya here again soon!

Hugs,
Rosie
Photobucket

20 comments:

Katie said...

Rosie,
You did a stunning job! Fabulous coloring and paper choices and I'm so glad to have been part of the inspiration :)
Hugs!

Mommy Name Labelshttp://www.idmelabels.com/name-labels_name-tags.php said...

Love the butterfly border. Adorable card!

Pen to Paper said...

WOW! Rosie, gorgeous!!! I want to try that template! Your card came out so wonderful and I love all the detailing.

Hugs,

Jackie

Karen said...

You have been busy! All of your projects are great! : )

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Love your card...it turned out great! I also like the monarch butterfly punch and it looks great on your card!

Kelly said...

I love that fold, really pretty. I also love the borders of butterflies at the top. The colors are rich and gorgeous.

Rene said...

So I'm totally going to steal this idea, ok?!? I'll be sure to credit you!
This is FABULOUS! I just love love LOVE it!!!!
Rene :D

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

It's a fabulous and colorful card, Rosie!! Your friend recipient would be so glad to have it. The coloring is simply fabulous together with butterfly edge punch work, the doily touch and all the other details.

Kathleen - Fellow Cropstop CT member
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Rosie,
Very cute design for a card and love all your embellishments. Lvoely coloring too.
Hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Rosie, Love the butterfly border and pretty DP. Gorgeous colors, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Pam said...

Gorgeous cards Rosie. Love that fold...I need to try to make one of these.
Hugs,
Pam:)

charlene said...

beautiful card love the style !

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful creation Rosie. Pretty colored images and coloring. Lovely folds :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

cebelica said...

Cute, cute, cute! Another fantastic project! I love the colourful paper and all the details on this card. I agree with you, that Heather Flower soft does add a special touch. The punched edge looks great too. Beautiful card! I'm happy you found some use of the items I sent you. :) Hugs,
M.

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely stunning card!!!! fabulous design and colors too!!!!! Wow excellent work!!!!!

Linda Palmer said...

This is so cute. Your coloring is so pretty and love all your beautiful embellishments and dies you used to make this special card.

Cami said...

Wow Rosie, your card is beautiful and I love the monarch butterfly border punch you've used here. The DPs are so pretty and colorful and these two Tildas are so adorable and colored to perfection! Everything is put together beautifully!
Hugs, Cami

Elle said...

I'm in love with both of your cards. Great job!

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterflies along the edge.

Becky said...

the card is so cute ... like her very much. also like your colouring.

hugs, becky