Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Dies R Us: EVERGREEN REINDEER

 Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm on a buffalo plaid kick lately. Last week was red, buffalo plaid. Today I'm showing you how I created a green, buffalo plaid Christmas card.


The first thing I did was die cut the Memory Box Evergreen Reindeer from green, buffalo plaid paper.
 

 I was originally going to keep it as is, but I felt like the trees were a little lost so I cut it down to a square. Then I decided I wanted the deer to be a black silhouette so I colored in the deer with a black sharpie. The deer needed some more thickness so I die-cut the deer from black cardstock twice, cut the deer out, and glued the layers together. 
 

Next, I added foam tape to the back of the green buffalo plaid panel and decided to back it with some wood looking patterned paper.

Then I went on the search for background paper. I decided to stick with green and black.


I used the Yvonne Creations Merry Christmas die again. I don't see this die in the store right now, but Dies R Us has several that would work HERE. I cut it multiple times so I could layer them for more thickness.


The final step was putting it all together and adding a bow to the top. 
 

Here are the products I used:
(the one from Yvonne Creations is no longer in the DRU Store, but this link will take you to other options that will work)


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month, and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week!

No comments: