Friday, May 22, 2020

Jaded Blossom: MERMAID KISSES

Happy Friday everyone! Today, I'm sharing a summery, floral card featuring MERMAID KISSES. Remember, the current CHALLENGE this month at Jaded Blossom is FLOWER POWER! You have until June 7th to play along with us!

I love the beach and usually pick somewhere tropical to go on vacation. Since vacation plans are on hold for a while due to everything going on, I decided to transport myself there with this card. I colored this gorgeous Mermaid using Copic Markers and then added Gold paint to certain areas.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E11, E13
Hair: BV08, V17, V15, V04
Pink: RV02, RV06, RV09
Teal: BG10, BG13, BG15, BG78
Tail: BG18, BG13, BG10, V04, V17, RV02, RV04, RV09
Gold Paint Pen

To create the card, I cut two large stitched rectangles using the RECTANGLE DIES 2. On one rectangle, I used the following colors to create a sunset sky: Scattered Straw, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Chipped Sapphire. 

On the 2nd rectangle, I used Broken China and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink to color half of it. Then I used one of the wave border dies from the TROPICAL DIES to cut it out. I also cut a second wave border from the white half of the rectangle. I splattered water over the blue distressed piece and adhered it on top of the white wave exposing the white border at the top. Next I placed the mermaid partially behind the wave with her hair toward the front. Both the wave and mermaid are raised on foam tape. To finish off the card, I added  gorgeous I Am Roses flowers and enamel dots.


For more inspiration head over to the Jaded Blossom Blog! And be sure to check out the Jaded Blossom Store for all your stamps and gift giving supplies. They have various Cutting Dies to make party favors along with Favor Bags and Boxes.

Hugs,
Rosemary

No comments: