Monday, December 12, 2011

Inspiration Monday-Circles

Good Morning peeps! Well, it's Monday and you know what that means right?! It's time for La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Monday...YAY!! Did you see the new Release that just came out?? If not, then you definitely want to head on over to the store HERE!! There are several new Marci and Luka stamps and even some accessories that would go great with any "sitting" image...CA-UTE, I tell ya!!

Today, our Inspiration for you is:

CIRCLES!

You can either make a circle card or incorporate circles into your design (which is the option I chose). I decided to make a Christmas card because I'm just feeling that Christmas Spirit! :) I love the Holidays!! It's my favorite time of the year....all the decorating and lights and food! It's also that time of year that we spend a lot of time with our family (we have a lot of birthdays this month, too)! It really makes me feel good to see my little boy's eyes light up when he sees all the decorations.....makes my heart happy! There is nothing like experiencing the holidays through a child's eyes. :)

For my card today, I used this CUTE Caroling Luka!
Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, chalk
Hair: E29, E33
Hat: E31, Chalk, Polar White Flower Soft
Coat/Shoes: E57, black chalk, liquid applique
Mittens: E33, Chalk
Sweater & Pockets on Coat: G28, R39, E33
Pants: E31, chalk
Wreath: G28, YG25, YG95, R39. R35
Book: C3, C5, YG25, E31, Stardust Stickles


My entire card was inspired by this AWESOME new Couture Creation World Map Embossing Folder!! I just got it in from CropStop and when I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a "Joy to the World" card!! Isn't the folder AMAZING!! This embossing folder is part of a collection called WORLD FAIR and you can see the entire collection HERE. After I embossed the World Map, I rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink over it to bring it out some more and then cut it into a circle.

All of my cardstock is shimmery paper from Bazzill. The tree was inspired by this card HERE. You can find a video tutorial on how to make the tree HERE using daisy flower punches. The tree got a coating of Liquid Applique, which puffs up when heated. The wood fence came from Hobby Lobby's Christmas section. It started off white, but I rubbed Distress Ink over it. I also added Liquid Applique to the top of the fence posts for snow. It's hard to see in the photos, but there is Polar White Flower Soft behind the fence so it looks like snow. :)

The music dp came from MME Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 paper pad. The bottom green scallop border is made from punched circles. After I adhered them to the bottom of the brown strip, I added Liquid Pearls to frame the border. The sentiment from CTMH was heat embossed with Stampendous Detail White on the green shimmery Bazzill cardstock and cut out with EK Success Real Estate Sign Punch. It was then layered on the white cardstock cut out with SB Labels 18. The silver/white ribbon came from Michaels.


Here are some more pictures. The large white pearls above the sentiment are CTMH.
I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Moxie Fab World - Globe Photo Inspiration
Paper Sundaes Challenge - Anything Christmas
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Christmas with a Bow
Totally Gorjuss - Let It Snow
SimonSaysStampsChallenge - Photomontage Inspiration

Now don't forget you can link up your projects to the La-La Land Crafts Gallery for a chance at a monthly prize. Have a great week and see ya back here on Thursday!

Hugs!!
Rosie :)

9 comments:

Lily Anuska said...

Very beautiful card. Tree is amazing. I will do something like this soon. Nice day. Hugs.

Sarah said...

Wow look at that tree! A very festive card.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your card is amazing, what a great idea.
Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Gorjuss Challenge. Good Luck.

Hugs
Heike

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful card! I love its unique shape and all the details. That tree looks amazing too! :) Hugs!

franzesjoi said...

sooo adorable!! i love your image and your colouring is great! :) ahh tree is stunning...

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so sweet love the image and that tree is stunning
Lindsay xx

Tracy Valure said...

Me again...i'm playing catch-up! lol Love how you did hte tree and this is such an awesome layout! really nice!

Tracy V

Jessica Robinson said...

Very beautiful card. Tree is amazing. I will do something like this soon. Nice day. Hugs.