Thursday, December 8, 2011

CropStop Challenge #49-Music

Before I get to this week's CropStop Challenge, did you see that CropStop is having a Creative Team call?!? CropStop is looking for 2 committed team members to bring inspiration and creativity through card and layout projects.

The Creative Team call is open to all. International submissions are also welcome.
The Creative Team term is February 1, 2012 - August 1, 2012
Deadline for submission is December 31, 2011
You can view all the details HERE!

The theme for this week's challenge is
MUSIC

I had a hard time with this one. I'm so into Christmas right now and way behind on decorating. I don't even have my tree up yet....I know, I know...it's right around the corner!! My plan is to put up decorations this weekend (I hope)! Sooooo, since I'm caught up with Christmas right now, I decided to make a card based on a Christmas Song. :) :)

I remembered my great friend Chris sent me this stamp called Lovely Tilda, who is kicking up her heels....LOVE her! Then the song, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, popped into my head and voila.....a Music Christmas Card....YAY!! I stamped my image on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics.

Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E29, E37, E33
Bow & Dress: R24, R27, R29, Stardust Stickles
Socks: R29, YG97, C3, C5, C7, Stardust Stickles

Then I found this simple and cute sketch from the Totally Gorjuss challenge this week and it was perfect for my card design!My dps came from MME Lost & Found Christmas. I used my Sizzix Bigz Christmas Tree Die to cut the tree and then embossed it with one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Plum Blossom Embossing Set. Then I added X-mas Red Stickles to the top of the diagonal lines and itty bitty CTMH pearls to the inside scallop. The star was covered with Gold Stickles and the tree vase was covered in both X-mas Red & Gold Stickles.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I also added X-mas Red Stickles to the edge of the EK Success Real Estate Sign punch and over each letter of the song title. The gold pearls in the corners are from Recollections. The ribbon came from my stash. I used my Bow-Easy to tie my perfect double loop bow (love that thing!). I raised the tree, Tilda and the sentiment on pop-dots.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Sketch
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes (with option of Sparkle)
Sir Stampalot Challenge - BINGO (pearls, stickles, ribbon)
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Christmas with a Bow

Well folks, that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed my "music inspired" Christmas Card. I can't wait to see what you all do with this challenge. Don't forget to link up your projects for a chance at winning a CropStop gift certificate!!

Hugs!
Rosie

23 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Rosie, this is adorable!!!! Very creative to use this Tilda with the music theme..
hugs..........

cebelica said...

Your card made me giggle. And dance. And sing (if you can call this "singing"). :D I love it! xx

Christina C. said...

Hi Rosie! Soooo adorable...love this Tilda dancing around the Christmas tree! This lovely creation definitely made me smile today.

brenda said...

Very pretty Rise adn the Christmas tree looks just gorgoeus.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and have a lovely Christmas.

B x

Anne H. said...

Your card is wonderful!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at JM/HS.
Anne

pinky said...

Beautiful card, love the rich colours. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Leanne said...

Beeaauuutiful Rosie! :)

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Beautiful work on your card, Rosie!

Kathleen - Fellow Cropstop CT member
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very clever idea Rosie, I love your Christmas tree
Hugs Julie P

Paula said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I can hear the music now! Tilda is so cute! And the tree...I don't think I've seen this one before, it's so pretty! Great card :)

Sarah said...

Such a cute card!! I love your take on the music theme too.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Hazel said...

Hi Rosie

Wow - where do I start? The tree is awesome and Tilda is just fab and you have coloured her fabulously.

Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck.

I hope you will be able to join in our challenge next week.

Take care

Hazel x

Karen said...

Awesome card!

Karen

Karen said...

This is awesome!!

Rene said...

Oh Rosie isn't she lovely! I love love LOVE how you colored her hair! Fabulous card...super cute tree!
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, I love the tree and Tilda looks beautiful!

Francesca said...

Stunning creation

Thanks for joining us for our bingo challenge at Sir Stampalot this month
and good luck !

Hugs
Francesca

Kelly said...

Rosie, your card is so cute, I love the music sentiment and Tilda dancing goes together perfectly. Your tree is fun looking too, the card is great.

cathylynn said...

Magical! Immediately puts a song in your head. Great coloring too. Fabulous!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elle said...

Certainly brought a smile to MY face!

craftymum said...

A wonderful card. thank you for joining us at TG this week

hugs Sarah x

p.s. I have candy on my blog

Chris said...

Oh my sweet Rosie,

This is adorable! Tilda looks wonderful (and so cheery)! The tree is to die for! I can hear the melody of the song in my head, LOL. Both Tilda and the tree are a perfect match to the sentiment!

XO,
Chris

Ruth said...

Great cheerful card!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)