Thursday, December 22, 2011

CropStop Challenge #51-Circles

Happy Thursday peeps! Well, the countdown continues....3 days left until Christmas....WOWZERS!! I've got such a busy few days ahead of me. I'm hoping to get it all done in time! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be mailing out Christmas Cards this year. :( Maybe next year, I will start in March, haha!

The CropStop Challenge for the next 2 weeks is:

CIRCLES

Yes, that's right! We are extending this challenge for 2 weeks to give you a chance to make something, since we are all busy getting ready for the Holidays. I'm still in the Christmas Spirit so I decided to make an ornament. It will go with the card I made last week HERE (so it's a matching set).

I purchased the 2011 BH&G Holiday Crafts magazine a while back ago and LOVE the various Christmas ideas featured in this magazine!! One of the ideas was a vintage Holiday Starburst created by Lana Manis. The starburst used rolled vintage book pages to create a hanging ornament. I love the idea and it's definitely something that can be used for different holidays, not just Christmas.

Here's a picture of my paper Starburst. I found an old paper back book in the garage for my project. I cut a total of 32 rectangles and distressed the edges with Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I cut the circles behind my images using my Creative Memories Circle Cutter. The blue ribbon came from my stash and I used my Bow Easy to make the double-loop bow!

I embossed the middle panel with my new embossing folder from Couture Creations called Renaissance, World Fair Collection. It's AMAZING!! I rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the top of the embossed areas to bring it out more. Then I adhered my circle to the middle of the ornament with Scor-Tape.

Here's a close-up of the embossing....the detail is awesome! I used these super-cute mini Magnolia stamps, Kissing Tilda Sitting & Kissing Edwin Sitting. I stamped them with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored them with Copics, and added Stardust Stickles. They are raised up on pop-dots. Kinda reminds me of New Years, huh?! Now I gotta go make a New Years card with these same elements!!

You can see the rolled squares a little better in the picture below. It's takes a little practice to get them to roll correctly, but once you get it down they come together pretty quickly. I also used a mini-stapler to staple the bottom together when forming my cones. It's definitely faster than waiting for glue to dry on each one. :)

Now don't forget you have 2 weeks (instead of 1) to enter this Challenge! I hope to see a bunch of y'all linking up your cards/projects.

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a year full of many blessings!! I appreciate each and every one of you who are followers and also those who stop by to leave comments! I've made a lot of wonderful friends through blogging and you all have enriched my life! Thank you all so much for being so supportive and AWESOME!!

Many hugs!
Rosie :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a creative ornament, Rosie!! TFS your wonderful project!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Kathleen (co-CropStop CT member)
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

franzesjoi said...

wow rosie i love your ornament... :) beautiful!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hi, I am a new follower of your blog, love this project, what a beautiful decoration
Lindsay xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet project. Love the romantic theme and the great details on this creation.
Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year :o)
Hugs,
Cabio