Sunday, June 27, 2021

TLC Designs: TURTLE-ICIOUS

Happy Sunday friends! I'm back today with a card featuring products from TLC Designs. My friend Tammy asked me if I would like to join her team and of course I said YES, so this is my first post as a monthly Guest Designer! On the last Sunday of every month I'll be featuring products from stamps, to digis, to the awesome dies carried in the store.


Tammy has an amazing Facebook Group called TLC Designs Creative Sharing. Please pop over and join us! This is a very supportive community, and we can't wait to see your creations using TLC Designs products. To get you started there are even some FREEBIES. Every month, there will also be a monthly Facebook Challenge for opportunities to win prizes. The current challenge is a color challenge!


Today, I've got a card combining Turtle-icious Clear Stamps with the colors from this month's challenge! This has been a popular stamp set so there have been a lot of cards featuring these adorable turtles. I took a different approach to coloring the turtles. I rubbed Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss Distress Oxide Inks on Bristol Smooth paper and splattered water over it. Next, I stamped the turtles on top of the green paper with Versafine Black Ink and fussy cut them out. Then I took a white uni-ball Signo pen and filled in the eyes.


The waves were created using pattered paper and the Land and Sea Dies. The gorgeous frame is the Daisy Frame Die, which I raised on foam tape for some dimension. The sun is from the Aztec Sunshine Die and also raised on foam tape.


Aren't these turtles fun? I laid them on their backs so they are floating on the waves. That cute little guy at the bottom is the turtle popping out of the egg, but I just cut the egg off. For more inspiration from my DT Sisters head to the TLC Designs Blog!

Have a great Sunday!
Rosie

2 comments:

Claire said...

Such a sweet design

Txkickerbelle said...

Hi Rosie, Your card is so cute! I love turtles. I just purchased this stamp set and some of the dies from TLC. I also just requested to be added to the FB group. I have never bought anything from them so I can't wait until I get my goodies and see what everyone is making with this stamp set. You always give me so much inspiration and this card is no exception. Kim in Round Rock.