Sunday, November 20, 2022

Conie Fong: Have A Very Gnome Christmas!

 Happy Sunday friends! I'm working on some Christmas cards over the weekend, and thought it would be fun to combine several Conie Fong Digis onto one card to create a scene. I used 3 different digi sets: Christmas Gnomes Bundle (gnomes with presents), Christmas Stocking Bundle (pine cone branch), and Christmas Tree Gnome (sentiment).


I recently saw some Christmas Bokeh digital papers on Creative Fabrica, and decided they would make a fantastic background. I did all my layering in MS Word. I just copied the paper into a word document. Next, I used the PNG file of the pine cone branch from the Christmas Stocking Bundle, and copy/pasted into the same word document. Once I click on LAYOUT, then WRAP TEXT, then click IN FRONT OF TEXT, I can move the digital image over the Bokeh paper and place it where I want it. I also turned it a little so it would fit across the top of the Bokeh paper. I did the same with the sentiment and overlayed it on top of the Bokeh paper. Next, I printed the design onto Copic Xpress It Blending Card, cut it to 4" x 5.25", and colored the pine cone branch with Copic markers. 


Next, I printed the gnomes from the Christmas Gnomes Bundle at about 2 inches tall and fussy cut all 3 of them out. I colored each one with Copic Markers. Next, I cut pieces of white/gold twine and glued a piece behind each gnome hat. I added foam tape to the back of each gnome, and adhered to my card. I trimmed the twine and glued the top of it to the pine cone branch. Then I tied 3 twine bows and added them to the top. 

I had a lot of fun creating this card, but coloring those tiny gnomes with my bad eyesight was a struggle, LOL! Next time, I would create a bigger card....maybe 5x7 so I can make the gnomes larger. I hope this inspires you to mix and match some of Conie's digis to create some of your own awesome scenes!

Hugs,
Rosie

No comments: