Saturday, August 15, 2020

Polka Dot Orchard: Pool Hair Days & Beach Party Flip Flop Cards

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well! I took a week off from crafting to work on my house and craft room. We moved a little over a year ago and life got busy so I never finished unpacking and putting up pictures. I finally had enough! So I spent the week trying to make this house a home. I have to say that it's really starting to come together and finally feels like we are planting roots. We seem to move around about every 4-6 years, but I decided this time around I'm not waiting for the next move date! It's been a lot of hard work, but I'm excited about having a functioning craft room again. Here are pictures of my desk area!
 

 
With summer coming to an end and school starting back up, I decided I wanted to transport myself somewhere tropical! I love the beach and ocean so I created these flip flop cards using two digital sets from Polka Dot Orchard called POOL HAIR DAYS and BEACH PARTY.  This is the first one I showcased a couple of weeks ago on Facebook.
 
 
Yesterday, I created 6 more! For these 5, I used foiled paper from a paper pad I bought at Hobby Lobby called Be Bold Be Bright. I created multiple flip flops on a sheet of printer paper in word, and printed it out. I cut the patterned paper down to fit over the printed areas, taped them down with double-stick tape and ran the paper through the printer again so it printed the flip flops on the patterned paper. Then I printed the digis again on two sheets of Copic paper. I colored the black bottom of the flip flops on one sheet. On the second sheet I colored the flip flop straps so I could cut the straps out and adhere to the flip flops using foam tape. The straps got a coat of CTMH Liquid Glass to make them shiny. The last step was to glue on these gorgeous paper cherry blossoms from I Am Roses.
 

On this last card, I created a tropical beach scene on the flip flop using Beach Party.


Be sure to head over to the Polka Dot Orchard Store to snag your faves. 
All Stamps are on SALE right now at 50% off!!
Please come share your creations with us on the Friends of Polka Dot Orchard Facebook Page so we can Ooooh and Ahhhh over them!
 
Hugs,
Rosie

No comments: