Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Make it Crafty JUNE Coloring Challenge: ANIMALS

Happy Tuesday everyone! The new Coloring Challenge and Make it Crafty for the month of June is ANIMALS. Each of us on the Design Team were given an inside challenge so you will see various parts of an animal covered like feathers, fur, and scales. If you scroll down on previous posts you will already see some awesome work on fur and feathers from my DT Sisters. Today I bring you SCALES!!

I used the Koi Fishes Digi for my card. This file comes with two different koi. I only used one, and printed it on Cryogen Cardstock. I colored the image with Copic Markers.

Copics: 
Orange: YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09, E19 
White: C1, C2, C3, C5, Colorless Blender 
Black: C6, C7, C9 
Water: BG53, B91, B23, B24, B26, B29 

To make the scales, I just penciled in scallops along the fish body. I then figured out which scales I wanted orange and black and colored those in with my lightest Copic color so I had it mapped out. I add the darker color on the right side and go lighter towards the scalloped edge. My trick was to leave a little light area right up next to the scallop edge.

 

Once I finished, I decided to add some of this Hologram Glitter Paint on the scales. It's very glittery!



I kept my card pretty simple because I wanted the fish and blue water to stand out.


I hope to see all of you playing along with this challenge! There are NO failed attempts if you try. You will always learn something from the process! And remember, Zoe and the rest of us are always here to help. All you have to do is ask!! 

Hugs, 
Rosie

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awesome job on your coloring. Thank you for sharing.