Sunday, October 22, 2017

Love Cynthia Stamps: Happy Holidays!

Happy Sunday everyone! I've fallen in LOVE with these awesome stamps from Love Cynthia! She is an Artist who lives in France, and she creates adorable characters that are perfect for planner pages, cards, scrapbook layouts....pretty much anything and everything crafty!
 
She is currently running a contest for the month of October with various themes each week. At the end of the month she will pick 2 winners to receive 50 EUROS shop credits!! How awesome is that?! The theme for the 3rd Week is "COLOR IT". This challenge is about sharing how you color your Love Cynthia Stamps.
 
Since it is a coloring challenge I decided to color all of the images on the Happy Holidays stamp set. And to top it all off, I included a quick tutorial on how I color hair using one of my fave Copic Combos. I stamped all the images on Copic Xpress It Blending Card and of course used my Copic Markers.
 
 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E15
Brown Hair: E43, E77, E49
Black Hair: C3, C7, Black
Red: R24, R27, R29, R39
Green: YG23, YG25, YG17, YG67, G28
White: C1, C2, C3, Colorless Blender
  Brown: E13, E23, E25, E29
Black: C6, C7, C9
Snowman Arms & Antlers: E42. E43, E44
Plaid Scarf: R24, R39, YG23, G28
 
I used some papers in my stash. The snowy hillside was made using the Lawn Fawn Landscape Stitched Hillside Backdrop Die. The tree die is from Marianne Creatables.


And here is a quick tutorial on how I did the hair on one of the Happy Girls. I first lay down my darkest color. In this case E49. You have to practice those flicks ladies to get the thin line. You use the very tip and hold your pen up high almost like you are flicking only air.
Next I come in with my medium color (E77) and expand the flicks towards the center.

Finally, I come in with my lightest color (E43) and flick again towards the center. I do not come in and just color in the white areas in a circular motion. I keep with the flicks so I don't lose the contrast. If you go too heavy with the light color and lose the darker flicks then just come back in with E77 and add a few more flicks to get some of the contrast back.

Be sure to head over to the Love Cynthia Facebook Group and play along if you own some of the stamps. She also shares FREEBIES in the group! Definitely check out the Love Cynthia Store and add some of these adorable sets to your collection. You will LOVE them! 
 
Hugs,
Rosie

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love this card Rosie! I just placed my first Love Cynthia order yesterday and can't wait to get them. What do you use to cut these out? Scan n cut, silhouette, or do you just fussy cut?

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, love the scene you have created and thank you for the tutorial...hair is my nemesis !
Hugs Kaz xx