Thursday, March 4, 2010

Monochromatic Challenge in White

Several weeks ago, The Greeting Farm had another monochromatic contest. I challenged myself to use white, which was a lot tougher than I thought. I went through my stamps and thought Ballerina Anya (from TGF) would fit perfectly with my white theme.

I colored Anya with my limited supply of Copics (E00, E33, & RV21 and for the gray on her tutu, BV23). I added silver glitter glue to her tiara and white glitter glue to her ballerina dress using a bamboo skewer! It's the only way I can apply the glitter glue neatly to such a small area (my husband says that I'm going above and beyond, haha!).

The shimmery cardstock for the base, heart border, and sentiment are from Bazzill (Glass Slipper Cardstock). I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the heart border. Both of the embossed white cardstock pieces are from CTMH. I cut the scalloped circle behind Anya using my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die. I used a Fiskars Embossing Plate for the dots on the circle behind Anya and the Scor-Pal for the vertical lines on the rectangle strip. Then I took a Tsukineko Billiance Platinum Planet Ink Pad and rubbed it over my embossed circles and scored lines to give them a little more contrast.

The crocheted flowers, white ribbon, and metal ribbon slides are CTMH. The white pearl brads are Paper Studio Spare Parts. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. The white hearts are buttons (from Walmart) with Recollection Pearls glued on top.

I hope my "all-white" card will inspire you to try something different. I'll bet, you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased with what you create!

Hugs and warm wishes,
Rosemary


No comments: