Monday, March 19, 2018

C.C. Designs: FROGGIE

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all survived Monday with flying colors. It was a bit of a rough adjustment for us coming off of Spring Break, where there were no alarms, and sleeping in became the regular. I'm not going to lie....I pressed the snooze button a few times, LOL!

While the kiddo was at school, I got to play a little and make this card featuring a new stamp set from C.C. Designs called FROGGIES. It also has a coordinating Froggies Outline Die. I LOVE these frogs and the other stamps in this set! I've been playing more with my Distress Oxide Inks. This time I used Tim Holtz Watercolor paper. I rubbed two different colors on the paper and used a wet paintbrush to splatter water on top. Then I blotted with a paper towel. I thought it would make for some awesome frogs!


I did the same with some blue Distress Inks to create water. I used regular Distress Ink mixed with the oxides and you can see it just lightened some areas, but didn't leave the prominent "white" areas. I left it though because I felt it added to the "water" feel. This die from C.C. Designs is not in the store anymore, but it's still one of my faves.


I raised the white panel on pop-dots so it had more dimension. The sentiment was cut out using the Banners Accessories Die, and then took a Copic marker to make a green border.  Lastly I added Nuvo drops to finish it off.


You can purchase the entire March Release in the store at a discounted amount if you have to collect them all (like me, LOL). 

Have an awesome week! I'll be sharing some GOOD NEWS soon on April 1st that I'm really excited about so I hope you check back here to find out what it is. :)

Hugs,
Rosie

No comments: