Thursday, August 8, 2013

Coloring Gingham using Summer Yumi!

Good morning my peeps! So glad to see you here! If you haven't heard we've made some major changes over at the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog, so you'll definitely want to head over there, scroll down, and check out the new team and the new changes. Be sure to check out the current challenge going on right now too. We've changed the rules and now you can use ANY stamped image!! Be sure to link up your "Anything Goes" challenge card HERE!!

We've also added Showcase Thursdays where one of our designers will share something fun (a tutorial, a technique, case a project or use an older image, aka Throwback image).  If you'd like to see something specific, like you saw something on someone's project and you'd love to know how they did it, just leave a message in the comments section and we'll do our very best to create a post based on it. :)

Today I'm going to show you how I color gingham on clothes with my Copics. It's similar to my "Plaid" technique, but instead of 2 color families I just use one. I apologize for the low quality pictures. I'm on vacation at my mom's and I don't have my lamps. :(

Today, I'm making blue gingham so I picked B00, B02, and B05 for my colors.

First, I use B00 and draw my lines vertical and horizontal. You will want to try and space the lines equally apart, which I didn't do a very good job at here. :(

Then I grab B05 (my darkest color), and outline each of the B00 lines.

Then I use the same B05 and color in the following squares.

Next, I grab B02 and color in the squares on both sides of the B05 squares.

Here's Summer Yumi!! I love her! I decided to give her a blue gingham shirt. Again I started with B00 and made vertical and horizontal lines....this time I spaced them better.

Then I outlined the B00 lines with B05 and colored in the following squares with B05.

Next I came in and added B02 in each square next to the B05 squares. I also went over all the lines again with B00. And...there you have it....GINGHAM!
 You'll see this cutie on a card for the next Y&FH challenge coming up on August 18th! 

In the meantime, I hope you join us for our current challenge of "Anything Goes" HERE...and remember you can NOW use any stamped image! Check out all the new challenge rules by clicking the tab at the top of the page on the Y&F Handmade Crafts Blog.

Have a great day!
Rosie :)

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Fantastic! I have been using your technique and really love it.