Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Make it Colourful JULY Challenge~Casting Shadows

Hi everyone! Today starts a new challenge on the Make it Colourful Challenge Blog, and for the month of JULY our challenge is: CASTING SHADOWS.
 
I admit this was definitely another hard one for me. It definitely helps to look up photos online to use for inspiration. I decided to try something different this time and try for a watercolor feel to my Copic coloring. I used the MiC Old Oak Tree Digi.

I need some more practice, but I do like the softness and blend of the colors. I just need to work on the placement of the colors a little more. 

To get the watercolor effect, I dabbed my colors on balled up pieces of Kleenex and then added Colorless Blender on top of the colors. Next I dabbed the Kleenex onto the X-press It Blending card. Pretty simple technique and I LOVE the watercolor look.

 Tree: E44, E47, E49
Leaves: YG23, YG67, G46
Grass: YG23, YG67, YG97, G28, G46
Shadow: C5, C7
Sky: Y15, YR68, R02, R08, R29, R35, B05
Colorless Blender
 
Remember to use a Make it Crafty image and upload your projects to the Make it Crafty Gallery. We’d love to see you share your work of art with us. Also, please share your progress, possible disasters and your triumphs with us in the Facebook group HERE. We'd love to see you joining us so we can Oooooh and Aaaaah over your creations!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Rosie :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great technique, I've not tried it before...I'll have to give it a go. I've just joined your blog via the Facebook group Passionate Paper Creations and I would love you to join me, too xx

Unknown said...

Great technique, I've not tried it before...I'll have to give it a go. I've just joined your blog via the Facebook group Passionate Paper Creations and I would love you to join me, too xx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute creation. Love your blog. Following you now from the Passionate Paper Creations FB post. Hope you'll follow me too
http://lynnpenguinscreativecorner.blogspot.ca/

Sharon said...

Your cards are fabulous.
I came across your blog from Rhea's post on Facebook and am now following you.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Christina Hor said...

Another gorgeous creation Rosemary! Always love seeing the different techniques you come up with. The shadow is incredible! Have a wonderful start of the week Rosemary.