Sunday, May 26, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Challenge #17~ALL ABOUT DAD!

Good morning to all you lovely folks! In remembrance of Memorial Day coming up on Monday, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have served and are still serving in our military! My family and I appreciate the sacrifices you have made to help keep us safe and protect our country! Thank you for all that you do!

Today starts a new challenge over at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts! For the next two weeks, the theme is: 

ALL ABOUT DAD! 

With Father's Day right around the corner it's a great opportunity to get started on those Father's Day projects. I just wanted to say I was truly blessed to have an amazing father! He passed away 6 1/2 years ago, but he's always on my mind and in my heart. I am also doubly blessed because my husband is an amazing father! He does so much for Isaiah and really works hard to spend quality time with us as a family. I love that man so much and really appreciate all that he does!

Now don't forget we do have rules at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts.You can read the rules by clicking on the Challenge info tab. Please make sure your card qualifies before you link up, otherwise we may have to remove your project.  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to the Yumi and Fumi online store.  That's right, you get to choose what you want! And we can't leave out our top 3, who will receive a 10% discount. 

We require an image for our challenges.  We are a stamp company after-all. :) If you use a Yumi & Fumi Handmade stamp on your project, you will be entered into the drawing twice. We realize some of you might not own one of our stamps so you may also use an image from Sister Stamp, La-La Land Crafts, The Greeting Farm or Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. They won't count twice, but you'll qualify to be entered in the drawing. We hope you'll consider playing along. 

Now on to my card! I used the super CUTE Chasezilla! He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on X-Press It Blending Card and colored with Copics.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Eyes/Eyebrows: E47, E44
Suit: G21, G24, G28, YR21, YR22
 
My awesome textured dps came from The Paper Company. The black one is called Black Rain Drops and the green one is called Crocodile Green....LOVE them!! I think I bought them at Hobby Lobby and clearance so not sure they are still available, but they are so much fun!
 
 I just hand wrote the sentiment "You're a DINO-mite DAD!!" The corners were made using a Whimsy Stamps Corners Die. I also used one of my new Nellie Snellen Flower Multiframe Die....it's AWESOME! The ribbon came from Hobby Lobby and the pearls are from Recollections.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, I made an Easel Card. I raised Chasezilla and the sentiment up on pop-dots. :)
Now it's your turn! We're looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations over the next two weeks on the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog. Challenge #17-All About Dad ends Friday, June 7th at Noon, PST. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a great Sunday!!

Hugs,
Rosie

4 comments:

cebelica said...

I thought you achieved this look on the paper with embossing folder. You could have easily fool me. lol Awesome card. I'm sure that any dad would be happy to receive it. Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

Woo Hoo!! So stinkin' cute Rosie!! I also thought that was an embossing folder you used! This is totally cool and totally fun! The handwritten sentiment gives it that really special touch too, the perfect saying too. Awesome girl!
;)
xxx

Mojca said...

Waw the card looks so gorgeous Rosie. the image is so sweet and just love your layout. Hugs! Mojca

Denice said...

Oh, this is adorable!!! Love the reptilian DP...it's chase-riffic!
:Dxx