Sunday, December 16, 2012

Designed to Color December Challenge-SKETCH!!


Happy Sunday everyone!  This weekend was an eventful one for me. My birthday was on Friday, Dec. 14th.....the big 40!! Hard to believe.....probably because I've been 28 for soooooo long, haha! I guess I better move that number up to maybe....34?! So many friend took time out to make me a card, send me a card, send me flowers or a gift, and leave me love on my FB page. I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you for leaving me well-wishes with everything that's going on!! You all are truly special!!

Friday was such a horrific day for many in Connecticut and the entire nation! I can't even image the hurt and pain those families are going through right now. I have a 6 year old son and he is the light of my life! I spent a lot of the weekend hugging and loving on him. Just breaks my heart to know that so many are not able to do that anymore. It was a senseless tragedy. I send all those affected lots of prayers for strength, comfort, and healing.

Yesterday, started our new month-long challenge at Designed to Color. This challenge is a sketch challenge....I love sketches to get the ol' mojo going! Make a card/project using this sketch and link it up HERE.  Don't forget to include a colored image!


And what is a challenge with out a little incentive?  The fabulous folks over at Spectrum Noir have an equally fab prize pack to give away to one of you lovely players. Awesome, right?!?!

 
For my card today, I used this super cute image from La-La Land Crafts called Christmas Elf Luka. Perfect for Christmas! :)

Copics & Stardust Stickles
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Clothing:
Red: R24, R27, R29
Green: G14, G24, G28
Gold: YR23
Shoes: C3, C5, C7, YR23
Presents: R22, R27, R29, YG06, YG03, V15, V17, BG02, 
BG05, RV19, RV34, C3, C5, Stardust Stickles, Silver Stickles


Here's the full card. See the presents stacked on the left? That was actually an ornament in the Christmas section at Walmart. It had a clip at the bottom and the presents hung off of wires extending from the clip. I cut them off the wires and then cut the styrofoam presents in half so they didn't stick out so far from the card. 

Supplies: Glitter Present Ornament from Walmart (taken apart and presents cut in half), Core-dinations Cardstock, K&Company dps, Recollection Pop-dots
Sentiment: Sticker from Me & My Big Ideas
 
 You have the entire month of December to play along with us!! Don't forget to follow the sketch, add a colored image and link up at the Designed to Color blog for a chance at that AMAZING prize!!

Sending you all love and hugs!
Rosie :)

1 comment:

cebelica said...

Oooh, look at this sneaky Santa's little helper. He is adorable. Very nice card - I like how everything sparkles. :) Hugs! xx