Monday, July 23, 2012

Inspiration Monday--Circle Card

Happy Monday y'all! Things are still as crazy as ever getting ready for our big move. Some of our dates got pushed up so now the packers are coming Aug. 8th & 9th. We have to be out of our current house by Aug. 10th and then we close on our new house in Texas on Aug. 13th. We are so blessed that things have gone really smoothly and fortunately we only have a few minor repairs to make to our current house.

I'm going to do my best to keep up with everything during this big move. But if I go MIA a week or two in August, it's because we are in the midst of moving and I probably don't have internet yet.....oooooh, what's a girl to do without internet, LOL!!

The challenge this week at La-La Land Crafts is....

CIRCLE CARD

I used Kimono Marci for my card today. I think she's so gorgeous with her beautiful Kimono and parasol. I just love coloring her hair!

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Lips: R27, R24
Hair: Black, N8, N4
Hairbands: R29, R27, R24
Kimono/Shoes: Black, N8, N6, N4, R29, R27, R24
Parasol: Black, N8, N6, N4, R29, R27, R24, E84, E55

The beautiful dps are from DCWV "The Colorful Life" stack. The dps in this stack are all based off artwork by Donna Estabrooks. The paper is very mixed media-ish and so gorgeous! I cut out my layers with various Spellbinder Dies. Then, I used the LLLC Filigree Corner Die on each side of the sentiment.

I used the new LLLC LOTUS Die just released at CHA to make my two Lotus flowers. It comes with all the components (petals in various sizes, stamen, and lily pads).

The Love sentiment next to Marci and the quote on the bottom of the card are stickers. I backed them with black cardstock and then raised them on pop-dots. Marci is also backed with pop-dots.

That's all for me today folks! I hope you play along with us and upload your Circle Cards to our Customer Gallery. If you haven't seen all the new stamps and dies just released at CHA then you'll definitely want to head on over to the LLLC Store to check it out. While you're there, you might want to check out the Clearance and Retired Sections and grab some really great deals....once they're gone they're GONE!!

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

7 comments:

Kwilt said...

Oh Rosie, she's beautiful! I love the colors and your highlights are absolutely perfect. Wish I had better results with my copics. I'm sticking to my prismacolors for now. :/
Have a wonderful and smooth move!
Hugs...Kathy

Leanne said...

Rosie, this is beautiful!! Love the Asian flair going on all over. The lotus is beautiful!! I have that on my wish list for sure. Love the colors and love your layout. I just might have to play!
;)

Loopylou. said...

wow rosie this is amazing and those lotus flowers are just stunning
hugs Lou xx

Vicki said...

Gorgeous! I'm tellin' ya...I want to color like you when I grow up!!

cebelica said...

Hi girl! Sorry because I've been mia lately, but I've been pretty busy and haven't had much time for hopping around the Blogland. But I'm here now. :)

And looks like I missed quite some things ... This card for example. It's GORGEOUS!!! What a clever way to use that filigree corner did. It really is versatile, isn't it? I think it just moved on the top of my wishlist. lol Fab work with this card! Hugs! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Another absolute beauty! Love your flowers! Hugs, Lesley

Patrice Walker said...

Another absolute beauty! Love your flowers! Hugs, Lesley