Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Baby" Word Book

I love to make homemade gifts for special occasions that are different and unique...something the recipient can't just buy at the store. My various handmade gifts include Message Boards, Name Frames and Word Books. Here's a "Baby" word book I made for a family member.

The Bo Bunny word "BABY" comes already pre-cut from chipboard. You just trace the letters onto your patterned paper, cut out, and paste to the chipboard. Then add some pictures and embellishments...and voila...your masterpiece is done! In this case, the word book was for the baby shower and there were no pictures yet (which for me can sometimes be a challenge...I like to have the pictures ahead of time so I know what quotes I want to use).

Here are some close-up pictures of each letter:Most of the patterned paper came from My Mind's Eye "Dreamy" paper pack. The words/quotes are from various sources: rub-ons, computer generated quotes, my own handwriting, and stickers. Most of the ribbon I got from the $1 bin at Michaels.

I also have made custom "name" books for various family members and friends. I cut my own letters to spell out the person's name. If you are ever interested in a custom made "name" book, just email me. I charge $5 per letter (have to decorate the front and back sides of the letter) and shipping (I usually use a flat-rate padded envelope or box, depending on size of name).

Here's are two samples of "Name" books: Abbey & Aaron


Hugs and happy scrapping!
Rosemary :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

UHHH-DORABLE!!! You are SO talented!