Saturday, September 7, 2013

7 Kids College Fund RESIN/BEZEL Blog Hop!!

Happy Saturday everyone! Today's a special blog hop at 7 Kids College Fund featuring some AWESOME new products that we are loving: RESIN & BEZELS!! You will be totally blown away by the awesome talent from my fellow DT sistas! Here is the complete Blog line-up:

7 Kids College Fund

After visiting and leaving comments on all the designers' blog, you'll want to head back to the 7 Kids College Fund blog and let us know you completed the hop!
ONE random hopper will win a $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE to the store (winner will be announced on Wednesday, 9/11)!!

To also help you out, you can save 15% now on all Media Mixage and RESIN products in the store through 09/14 by using code:

MIXEDMEDIA15
Now, on to my projects! Here are the two Bezel's I made using various craft items and the ICE RESIN 16 oz KIT. This kit doesn't come with the mixing cups so be sure to grab those in the store too. You can get a quantity of 5 HERE or if you really plan to get busy you can get a quantity of 50 cups HERE. You can view all the Resin products in the Store HERE.
Here's a closeup of the Spellbinders Silver Rectangles 2 Bezel. I used blue foil that was wrapped around a small Kinder Chocolate Egg. One side is blue foil and one side is silver. I tore off two pieces and scrunched them to fit inside. Then I added light pink rhinestones up the middle and little glitter bead balls in gold and silver. I got this idea from the Resin Crafts Blog HERE....she has some totally AMAZING jewelry and ideas on her blog!!! Her foil work is soooo much better, but hey, this is my first try! :) You should check out the Resin Crafts Blog for more inspiration...just be prepared to be hooked!!


On the large Spellbinders Silver Hearts 1 Bezel, I added patterned paper from Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills Collection 6x6 paper pad to the background. The key tip to remember is that you have to spread a few layers of Mod Podge over any paper you add to the inside (2-3 layers on both sides). Otherwise, the Resin will add black spots to your paper. I then added the metal charm, ceramic rose, crystal spray, light pink rhinestones, and glitter. Another good tip is to glue all your pieces down first. I didn't glue it all down so some pieces started floating. It still looks okay, but now I know!

 I'm the last one on the hop! So be sure to head back to the 7 Kids College Fund Store Blog and leave a comment telling us you finished the hop!

Have a great weekend! And keep an eye out for more Resin creations from me! It's a lot of fun and now I can see how addicting it can be, haha!

Love ya,
Rosie :)

25 comments:

Karen said...

Very beautiful! Love all the different elements you used.

Hugs,
Karen

Ann Marie Governale said...

Oh Rosie, soooo gorgeous. I have all the ingredients.. bought most from 7 Kids (one of my fav online shops) and I am ready to plunge ahead. The team posts are such great inspiration! I have been eyeing this craft for awhile now and just love the new Spellbinder bezels to work with...xxx Ann Marie

Kelly said...

Love your bezels! Great ideas inside of them! So fun aren't they!
Hugs Kelly

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mojca said...

Waw it is gorgeous Rosie! hugs! Mojca

Carmen said...

These are super cute. Love them.

Laila B. said...

The different elements you used are very inspiring!!! It turned out fabulous!! ;)

Iris said...

So pretty - love the colors.
isoscia@aol.com

cathylynn said...

Your bezels are both beautiful. Love the colors in each one. This hop was very inspiring!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Barbara said...

What wonderful up close pictures of these bezels. They are so interesting and would add a lot to my projects.

Unknown said...

Your bezels are so pretty - I feel quite inspired!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wow...these are awesome!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

I had no idea all of the things you could drop in a bezel. Fabulous and so much fun! Gotta try it. xxD

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

I love these ideas, I am so now wanting to try them, doing the Hop, super big hugs great share~ Larelle-Susanne

Stampin' Monica said...

Just love love love!!!!!

Denice said...

Thank goodness we're friends on FB...otherwise I would never had known these awesome creations existed! Love your gorgeous Bezel!

Sandy C. said...

So fancy. Love them. Thanks. Sandy C.

Unknown said...

your creations look so fun! I really am inspired to try it out for myself - the rectangle is so cute! Thanks!

Heidi Brawley said...

Love them both!!

Nikki said...

Both are so pretty and thanks for the tips when working with it too :) so helpful
hugs Nikki

Jean said...

I love your bezels. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Ink Stained Roni said...

Really cute, I love the one with the blue foil ~ just great!

Unknown said...

Love the rectangle you made - so cute :)

dyeandpigment said...

My favorite is the rectangle. Nice work, thanks.

cebelica said...

Omg girl, I can't believe I missed this. It's GORGEOUS!!!! What fab, fab creations. Brilliant, just brilliant! Hugs! xx