Wednesday, May 22, 2013

7 Kids College Fund~~Embellishment Challenge!


I just want to say my heart and prayers are with the state of Oklahoma. I am from Oklahoma and lived there 18 years before moving to Texas this past August. We still have family and friends there so it was a frantic day trying to get a hold of all of them. Fortunately all of our family and friends are okay! But if you've seen the footage, you know that there are so many people reeling from losing a loved one or their homes. It's horrific and heart-breaking seeing all the images on the news. My hearts breaks for all of Oklahoma. I hope you will join me in lifting them up in prayer.
 
Today starts a new Challenge over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog! For the next 2 weeks the challenge is: 

Embellishments! 

Now be sure to use an image that 7 Kids College Fund carries in the store in order to qualify for the $20 Gift Certificate drawing!! :)
 
For my card today I used a new stamp I recently bought called Stamping Bella "I Carry Your Heart With Me" by Diane Duda. I'm a big fan of Diane Duda and have several of her prints that I'm going to frame and hang in my studio (whenever I get time to get that organized!). You can only imagine how excited I was to see that 7 Kids is now carrying these awesome line of stamps!! I stamped her on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.
 
 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Pink: R81, R83, R85
Dress: E40, E42, E43
 
I used some gorgeous dps from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found BLUSH 6x6 paper pad. The pink flowers are Kaisercraft Fairy Floss Paper Blooms. I also used La-La Land Crafts Creepy Vines Die. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and the pearls are from Recollections. The "love" pin is from Little Yellow Bicycle. The sentiment comes with the stamp. I just cut out each word, inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then popped each word on pop-dots. 
 
We hope you play along with us over the next 2 weeks! I can't wait to see what you make!! I'm sure I'll see a lot of you entering this challenge. Just be sure to use an image carried in the 7 Kids College Fund Store to qualify for the prize and top 3!
 
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Rosie

3 comments:

cebelica said...

I saw some videos from the Oklahoma. They were horrible. I feel sorry for all the people who lost their loved ones and/or their homes. I'm really glad your friends and family are ok. I'm sure you were relieved when you heard they are fine.
Your card is wonderful. I like the soft pastel colours. I haven't seen this image before, but it's really nice. Another gorgeous card!
Hugs! xx

Mojca said...

Waw your card is just glowing, such great colours and the image is really pretty. hugs! MOjca

Sandy said...

I love this image and have bought all of the stamps by Diane Duda that I can find. Your card and your coloring is delightful!
Sandy