Thursday, October 31, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Showcase Thursday~Clouds using Liquid Applique!

If you are looking for The Greeting Farm OA-Valentine Preview please scroll down.
 
Happy Thursday everyone! It's Rosie here to share my latest fun technique/tip of how I've been making my clouds lately on my colored images.

Here's my step-by-step. :)

First, I color up the main part of my image, except the the grass area. Today I'm using Yumi with Birdie from the Peek-a-Boo Spring Collection.

Then I grab B000 (a light blue) and color the entire background in a circular pattern all the way down to where the grass starts. It doesn't have to be full, complete coverage. Lighter areas help give it a more sky appearance.
 
Next, I use this awesome stuff called Liquid Applique and I draw some clouds. You want to be careful to not add a thick layer of Liquid Applique, otherwise you will have some really puffy clouds.

The last step is to grab your heat gun, or in my case, a toaster because I can't find my heat gun, LOL! Heat from underneath the paper until it puffs up. Be careful not to over-heat the Liquid Applique or it will start burning and turning brown.

I hope you enjoy this fun way of making some cute, adorable clouds! It's very addicting!

Have a great day!
Rosie :)

5 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw what a gorgeous idea Rosie! Thank you for sharing. hugs! Mojca

Carisa said...

This is such a great idea! I am not the best with cloud backgrounds so I just fussy cut but THIS I think I will give a try! Thanks for sharing. :D

cebelica said...

I LOVE this pen! The puffy look is so pretty! I haven't made any clouds with it yet, but I just might. They look very easy to make and the result is fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial! Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

This is soo cool!! I love how fun the clouds look, like they are going to pop off the card! hahaha!! Genius idea and fun tutorial!! BTW, using the toaster.. pure genius! ;)

Unknown said...

Cool technique on the clouds! Can't wait to get my hands on that new pen now...