Thursday, June 9, 2011

CropStop Challenge #23-Use 2 or more embossing folders

It's Thursday.....WOO HOO.......just 1 more day until TGIF!! I'm looking forward to this summer because my wonderful SIL (with 3 kids) is taking my little boy every Thursday & Friday so hubby and I can have some date nights. Isn't she wonderful?! I love that gal!! It's nice that we live so close because my son gets the opportunity to grow up knowing his cousins. My husband and I are both military brats so we didn't get to grow up with those close-knit ties to our extended family. It's something I've always wanted for my child and it is a true blessing since he is our one and only.

Thursday's also mean another new challenge at the CropStop Challenge Blog. For the month of June we are highlighting embossing folders (see post here). The challenge this week is to use two or more embossing folders. Don't forget, all challenges during the month of June will have an added plus with them! Use embossing on your project and you'll have the opportunity to win a Tim Holtz, personally autographed embossing folder each week that you enter! At the end of June, CropStop will put all of the month's entries into the pot and draw one random winner to receive a colossoal embossing folder prize!

For my card I used the oh-so-cute Sweet Tilda. I don't usually use orange (not one of my fave colors), but I had this image colored up and decided to just go with it. I really like how it turned out. I think the white and orange together looks clean and simple. You can see my card recipe below. The orange Recollection Pearls came from my sweet, awesome friend Chris!! We met through the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group and have become great friends. We've been swapping stuff across states which is so much fun! I love that gal!!

The two embossing folders I used were Swiss Dots (on the white cardstock) and Perfect Paisley (on the orange panel). To bring out the embossing on the orange, I sponged some CTMH white ink over the top. The Fiskars sentiment is stamped with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. I then used one of the dies from Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs to make the white frame for the sentiment.

Here's a closeup of Sweet Tilda. I used Copics and Chalk to color her. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact Copic colors I used since I colored her up a few months ago. I do know that I used YR02 for the orange and then shaded with a darker orange chalk. I used Stardust Stickles on her hair bows and the white areas of her dress and socks. I covered her shoes with Glossy Accents to give them that patent leather shine.

Here's a side view. Sweet Tilda and the sentiment are raised up on popdots. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the roses are from Recollections. The white, sheer ruffle edge ribbon is from CropStop.

Here are the challenges I'm entering my card in:

The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge Blog-Birthday
The Shabby Tea Room-Embossing
Papertake Weekly-Anything Goes


CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Magnolia Sweet Tilda / Sentiment: Fiskars Wishes All Around
Ink/Coloring Medium: Memento Tuxedo Black/Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink/Copics/Chalk
Paper: Recollections White Cardstock/Orange Cardstock (my stash)/Striped dp (My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy)
Tools: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots/ Cuttlebug Perfect Paisley/Spellbinders Nestabilites Floral Doily Motifs/Bow Easy
Embellishments: Recollection Pearls/WOC Flowers/Recollection Roses/CropStop White Sheer Ruffle Edge Ribbon
/Stardust Stickles/Glossy Accents

I hope you enjoyed my card! Don't forget to join in our challenges for some awesome prizes.

Hugs,
Rosie
Photobucket

32 comments:

Karen said...

Oh this is beautiful!! I don't normally use orange either and made one this week too but used it only on Tilda's top.

Rene said...

Rosie this is SO pretty!!!! Love all your pretty flowers and where you have placed them!
Your son is so lucky to have cousins nearby...baby Lucy is 15 hours away...fortunately Aunt Mary is expecting and she's only 3.5 hours away! Yay for babies (keep that in mind on your date night! LOL!) :D
Beautiful card...I can't play with these challenges because I don't own any embossing folder :( But I'll catch it next time!
Rene :D

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Rosemary this is STUNNING!!!!!!!! Love the whole card dear... Colors jump right out and almost grab ya.. tee hee hee

hugs, Janiel

Pam said...

OMG Rosemary....I love this card!!!
Great colors and coloring.All the embellies are wonderful too.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Kelly said...

I really love the orange and your coloring of Tilda, spectacular. That is a really nice card. I am glad you are getting some date nights soon how fun. They are scarce around here too. Have fun!

Gina K said...

You are right...the orange and white give this card a clean, fresh, crisp look. Love your embellishments. Enjoy your date nights!!! That is a super sweet thing for your SIL to do and I'll bet the kids remember those nights forever. They'll have a blast.

Anonymous said...

Oh she's so stunning with her orange colors!! Beautiful job!! Smiles

Shanna Shands said...

For not really liking orange you did fabolous!

Debbie said...

So wonderfully adorable ...thanks for sharing this little sweetie with us in the Tea Room :)

Card Crazy said...

She is gorgeous in orange. Love this card and these colors. Just lovely.
Sue S.

Madzik said...

Cudowna!!!

Madzik said...

Cudowna!!!

Beth said...

Rosie, I'm not an orange lover either, but your card is GORGEOUS!!!! You've done an awesome job coloring Tilda, and your layout, papers and embellies are wonderful!

Mascha Zimmerman said...

I love the card, it's so gorgeous with the white and orange colors, which I like a lot, LOL. Beautiful coloring as well, Bye Mascha

Peggie said...

Great orange card. Love the way Tilda looks in it. Super job.

Chris said...

Beautiful. I love the orange.

Paula said...

WOWZERS! This is a beautiful card! I love the orange on white - makes it POP! Love this card!!!

Iulia said...

Oh this is so cute!!!What a gorgeous color combo! Love this salmon pink/red! Fabulous card with beautiful coloring! I love it!!!
Hugs, Iulia

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute embossed textures Rose an this card looks so sweet and precious! Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

cathylynn said...

Rosie your card is Superb! I absolutely love the colors and Tilda is GORGEOUS!!!! Great work!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and sweet, thanks for sharing!
hey, I have a giveaway here, please come and join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm not an orange lover either, BUT....your card is fabulous! I LOVE it! What a great job you did on the coloring, embellishments, LO, etc.........good job and thanks for sharing it !

Nancy

Christina C. said...

Rosie, your card is absolutely stunning....love this wonderful color combination!!!! Miss Tilda is breathtaking. This is a phenomenal creation!

Chris said...

For someone that doesn't like orange very well, I'd never know it by looking at your card! It's beautiful! The elements are perfect together and your Tilda is drop dead gorgeous! She's one of my favorite stamps. I really love this card, Rosie! It's sweet, cheery, feminine, and warm! I love it!

XO,
Chris

Sylvia said...

This is so lovely. I love the orange with the white and your details are so perfect also is your Tilda.
xxxSylvia

Tracy Valure said...

Rosie this is just sooooo sweet! I love the colors and your layout is beautiful! Great job and lucky you getting 2 date nights!! Have fun! Mommy and Daddy's need breaks too!
Hugs,
Tracy V

Chris said...

A beautiful card and I love your colouring and design! Such sweet details and colours too. Thank you for entering the first TOMIC challenge. Hugs, Chris :)

Betsy said...

What a cute card!! I love the orange and white. Not overdone or too fussy ~ just clean and simple.

Only By His Grace said...

Stunning. Love this card. so rich and beautiful. Great colors.
hugs Maz

Cathy said...

Stunning card! I love the colors.

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful designing Rosie! Your Tilda reminds me of my niece that is getting married in Oct. Both are beautiful girls! : )

Sharon said...

Oh how beautiful is this Rosie. LOVE that ribbon! Wow!