Thursday, February 17, 2011

CropStop Creative Team Debut!

Today’s my official start date as a member of CropStop’s Creative Team, woo hoo!! And to top it all off they are showcasing projects from each Creative Team member on the CropStop Challenge Blog. Every Thursday a new challenge goes up on the blog and you have until the following Wednesday to link your project. The winner is announced on Friday and wins an AWESOME prize! We also pick some projects to receive our Cream of the Crop Award (and you get a blinkie to add to your blog)! And don't forget about my 10% discount code located in my sidebar!!

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge by Gloria Stengel. Here's the sketch:

I knew I wanted to do something special since it was my very first Creative Team project. I decided to make a 12-drawer Easel Card Dresser. The Easel Card on top follows the sketch for this week’s challenge.
I followed this tutorial here to make the matchboxes and sleeves. However, when I was making the matchbox sleeves, I realized the measurements on the tutorial were a little off. I cut my sleeve panel 7 5/8" x 3 2/16", and scored my sleeves at these intervals using my Scor-Pal (I measure and mark my lines with a ruler and then use my Scor-Pal): score at 1", 3 5/16", 4 5/16", and 6 5/8".
I glued 3 matchboxes with sleeves on top of each other using Fabri-Tac glue. I usually use my Scor-Tape for the entire project, but I was running low so I had to use glue to put some of it together. This, of course, takes longer because you have to wait for the glue to dry. :(

For the embossed side panels, I cut a piece of white cardstock 5 2/16” and scored at 1” from both ends. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. I glued that piece to one side of the 3-stacked matchboxes. After that dried, I glued the stacked matchboxes onto the bottom 6x6 chipboard piece (following the tutorial). Then I added glue to the tops of the matchbox sleeves and pressed the top chipboard piece into place (pushing the matchboxes inward with my hands at the same time to keep the top of the matchboxes from spreading outward).

For the front drawer panels, I glued rectangle pieces of pink cardstock and then layered white cardstock, embossed with Swiss Dots, on top of the pink. The little drawer pulls were little wooden knobs from Hobby Lobby. I painted them pink with Anita’s Baby Pink Acrylic Paint (about 3 thin coats).
For the Easel Card, I used Ballerina Tilda. I colored her with Copics and did my shading with chalk. I added Star Dust Stickles to her dress and tiara and added a small pearl to the middle of her tiara. I used Scor-Tape to put the Easel Card together because it’s really strong and holds like nothing else!! I generally use it for all my layered cards and 3-D projects! The white panel behind Tilda is embossed again with Swiss Dots. The white and pink cs are both distressed with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. Then Cotton Candy Stickles were added around the edge of the white embossed cs.
The light pink rose paper came from my stash. The pink paper with white dots is from a Tim Holtz paper pack. The lace ribbon is from The Paper Studio. The flowers and pearl swirl accent are from the Recollections Boutique Fleur line at Michaels. The mini pink roses in the corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
On the bottom part of the Easel Card, I punched out the sentiment with the EK Success Real Estate Sign Punch. The sentiment is from a CTMH stamp set and embossed using VersaMark and Zing Pink Embossing Powder. I edged the punched shape with Cotton Candy Stickles and sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink all over the embossed sentiment. The sheer ribbon is from my stash, but CropStop has some really cute sheer pink ribbon with ruffle edge here. The border on the white cs was made with a Martha Stewart Border Punch. This punch is currently not in the store, but you can view other MS punches here.

Here's a side view:

I hope you enjoyed my very first CropStop Creative Team debut project. I spent a lot of time and love putting this together! Don't forget to head over to the CropStop Challenge Blog and link your project for the weekly drawing, and good luck!

Hugs!

Rosemary :)
Photobucket

40 comments:

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OMG Rosie!!!!!!!! This is beautiful my dear wow! I love the colors and the whole trincket box is just gorgeous! OH I LOVE IT!!! Look at you go wow!RubyM:)

Janiel/ janny said...

Rosemary, this turn out BEAUTIFUL!!!! The colours are perfect for that cute little Tilda..
Hugs, Janiel

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Your ballerina project is so gorgeous, love the card and love the project you made!
Bye Mascha

Card Crazy said...

Lovely project. Everything looks so perfect and pretty.
Sue S.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic Rosemary. Can I have one pleeease :) Ballerina Tilda is so sparkly and gorgeous and Swiss Dots is my all time fave embossing folder. The attention to detail is amazing, right down to the little handles.

hugs

Anonymous said...

You have done a wonderful job. It has so many elements to it, this would be hard to give away. Just perfect!

Becca said...

Wow, Rosie! You have outdone yourself this time! This is gorgeous! I love all the glitter on Tilda's dress. My daughter would have made you her new best friend had she seen this when she was a child! lol! Hugs, Becca

Vivi Casale said...

WOW.. that is stunning!! really stunning!! well done!!!
xxx

Katie said...

Ingenious use of this week's sketch, just ingenious!

Regina said...

It´s so gorgeous!!! I love how you improve both projects and did an amazing one!! Fantastic idea!!
Have a great weekend!
Regina

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Beautiful job!

Myrna said...

OH MY GOSH Rosemary this is ADORABLE! Love the swiss dots on it! All the glitter on Tilda's ballerina dress. Just beautiful!

Lisette Morris said...

Stunning Rosie!!! It is a precious box/card! I can see where it's hard to believe it paper. Fabulous work!

Janie Printz said...

This is just stunning & looks like you put a lot of time & love into it. I would love to try one but it looks too complicated for me. Your coloring is wonderful on that little Tilda & your lace & flowers are such wonderful added touches.
Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

congrats on making the DT Rosemary! Your chest is beautiful and Tilda colored so lovely! pretty flowers too!
Pam Going Postal

Lisa Andrews said...

Oh Rosemary! Absolutely gorgeous box! Those swiss dots are just too cute! I just love making these boxes, they are so much fun! I'm going to check our your challenge blog also! Congrats on your DT appointment!

hugs,
Lisa A

Cassy said...

Completely breathtaking! Simply stunning creation, Rosemary!
:o)
Cassy

Kelly said...

How gorgeous! You did a outstanding job, love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and amazing! You never cease to amaze me :) Brooke

Vicki said...

This project is truly amazing, Rosie! Stunning!

Rene said...

Rosie! Your debut is FABULOUS! The image is so pretty and feminine. This is just beautiful!!!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

What a gorgeous creation, Rosemary!!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!
Love all the drawers and Tilda is fabulous....WOW!!!!!

Judy K. said...

OMG Rosemary, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! All the detail is precious and your coloring is perfect! Hope your keeping it, it's to wonderful to give away!
Judy K.

Heidi said...

this really is beautiful!

Kaori Fujimoto said...

Amaging!Rosemary!!!
wonderful creation!!

Sandy said...

OMG Rosemary - what a project!!! It is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous! You dear heart, are one very talented young lady!!
Hugs,
Sandy

Chris said...

Oh Rosie, this is just amazing, delicious, beautiful, stunning, incredible, beautiful, girly, labor intensive, and remarkable! How's that for descriptives? I'm drooling all over my keyboard over this! You did a wonderful job! Be very, very proud of yourself. Crop Stop was smart to snag you, GF!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Diana Crick said...

Oh my gosh Rosemary, this is absolutely beautiful, stunning in fact!! Of course I am thrilled you used our Scor-Pal and Scor-Tape.
Diana

Cami said...

OMG Rosie, this is absolutely stunning! You did a great job with this project and I look forward to seeing many, many more from you!
Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Rosemary, this is such a breathtaking creation. Love it!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Pen to Paper said...

Wow Rosemary, I can't believe you made that whole thing!!! It's gorgeous!!!! I love the pink and white and how you've colored and decorated. I also like how you've distressed the sentiment and left an outline at the edges. Very cool!

Hugs,

Jackie

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Rosie,
She is as sweet as sweet can be! Love your project, it's totally gorgeous in every way!
Blessings to you and Happy Friday!
Leslie

Jane H said...

OMGoodness this is adorable I really want to try this. Thanks for sharing the link.

Eve said...

what a gorgeous card/drawers!! Luv your coloring the tilda & the design! and Congrats on your debut! That's very nice! :-) btw, I've learned about this Clear Glaze pen on Stamp tv over a month ago, and i was looking for it, and i finally found one! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to start with your new DT! It's absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful details and coloring. That pearl swirl is so pretty and those flowers too.
hugs,
Shell

Gloria Stengel said...

I KNEW you would be a perfect addition to the CropStop Crew! This project is out of this world fantastic! I love everything about it!

Valérie Goldenschue said...

j'adore, c'est superbe et c'est une excellente idée

Iulia said...

What a gorgeous creation, Rosemary! How comes I've missed this?
Love, love, love everything about it. You've chosen a great image and that polka dot paper for the whole thing. You're very talented, my friend!
Hugs, Iulia

Unknown said...

I just received my first Rosie creation and I will keep it forever. You are just amazing. Paul has talked about contest but no words adequately describe it. The card led me to your blogspot and I'm so glad I got to see the Easter creation. I hope you win - you sure deserve to. Thank you so much for my card Rosie. I love it.
Susan

MILA25 said...

Amaging and wonderful creation .
Hugs Mili