Thursday, April 5, 2012

CropStop Challenge #66-Clean & Simple (CAS)

First, I apologize for this post just now going live! For some reason I thought it was all scheduled to post this morning, but it didn't. When I got home from work to check, it was still showing up as a draft. I think I'm losing my mind!

Our Challenge is week at the CropStop Challenge Blog is:

CLEAN AND SIMPLE (CAS)

Our challenge for you is to try and do a ONE layer card or a Clean and Simple card/project. For some of us this is almost impossible (ahem.....that would be ME), for others this is a piece of cake. Show off your projects and let us see that LESS is MORE!

Remember also for the entire month of April, we have a separate challenge to create a project based on Becky Fleck's newly released Potpourri Die Set from Spellbinders and her coordinating Pagemap Sketch. Now you can now play along with us more times at the CropStop Challenge Blog!

Here's my card for the CAS challenge. I had a hard time with this one because although I like symmetry on my cards, CAS is a difficult concept for me! I wanted to add flowers and butterflies and some layers, but I did my best. :)


After I embossed the front of my card with the Couture Creations Houndstooth Embossing Folder, I used Spellbinders Labels One to cut out the hole in my card. The sentiment and music dp on the inside of the card came from the Prima Madeline 6x6 paper pad.

The blue trim came from American Crafts. The sentiment stamped at the bottom of the card is from Heartfelt Creations Classic Message. The butterflies are cut from my MS Monarch Butterfly Medium Punch .

Challenges Entered:
Flutter By Wednesday- OPEN (just use butterfly, fairy or angel)

I hope you get a chance to play long with us! Don't forget we have two challenges running right now....Challenge #66 CAS and our April Becky Fleck Challenge (which runs all month long)!! Get busy creating so you can win some awesome prizes!!

Hugs,
Rosie :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Faye said...

Oh Rosie, this is really rather beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend. xx

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Rosie! I share your pain with trying to do a card that is CAS!

Leanne said...

Hi Rosie!
Girl this is beautiful!! This is wonderful!!
Thanks for joining us last week for the Flutterby Weds challenge, if you'll head there now you'll see you are a winner and well deserved!!
Gr8 job hon!!
Hugs,