Monday, June 6, 2011

La-La Land Inspirational Monday-Buttons & Bows

It's Monday and another La-La Land Inspirational Monday showcase for you. Head on over to the La-La Land Crafts Blog to see the awesome creations from my fellow DT sisters. :) If you haven't heard, La-La Land Crafts is posting inspiration every Monday & Friday. My fellow DT members are split into two teams, Team Monday and Team Friday, so you'll get to see tons of ideas with the Marci & Luka line of stamps. You can participate too and upload your creations to the Gallery! We would love to see your work, so get your La-La Land stamps out and join us in our weekly inspiration.

Today, I'm sharing my card using the sweet Marci with Flower. She's such a ray of sunshine! You can see the full recipe for my card at the bottom. :) The bright, fun dps and cardstock came from TPC Studio Bugs and Butterflies. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10 for the mats behind Marci. I embossed the green panel with the floral/heart folder that was in Cuttlebug Love's in the Air Embossing Set. I then used sandpaper across the top to bring out the white inner core of the cardstock. The pink and green buttons were from my stash. The 3/4" white grosgrain ribbon is also from my stash. I used my Bow Easy to make the double loop bow....love it!

Here's a close-up of Marci with Flower. I used blue chalk to make my sky background. I find chalk really easy to work with and the great thing with chalk is that if you mess up you can just erase it! It's definitely a relief when you are working on a background and you don't want to cut out your image. I'm always scared when working with ink that I'll accidentally get too heavy handed and get blue ink all over my nicely colored Marci. Who wants to start from scratch, right? I've been asked by Irina to work up a tutorial on the sky background so stay tuned. :)

Here's a side view so you can see the dimension. I raised the yellow panel behind Marci on popdots.


CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: Marci with Flower (La-La Land Crafts)
Paper: TCP Studio Bugs & Butterflies/Recollections White Cardstock
Buttons/Braiding Cord/Ribbon: my stash
Tools: Cuttlebug Love's in the Air Embossing Set/Spellbinders Nestabilites Labels 10/Bow Easy
Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E02
Cheeks & Lips: R20
Hair: E29, E25, E33
Pink areas: R81 & chalk/Bottom scallop on shirt: RV34
Pants: B93 & chalk
Flower Pot: Prismacolor Sienna Brown & chalk
Dirt: E29, E25, E33
Flower: YR02, YR0/ Y02, YR23/ G21, G24
Grass: YG97 & chalk
Sky: chalk

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget you can participate too by linking up to the La-La Land Gallery so we can see your creations. Check the blog on Friday for more inspiration.

Hugs,
Rosie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! Love those colors! Wow!

Maria said...

Wow Rosie! This is fabulous. Love the colour scheme and your colouring oooh la la fantastic. Hugs, Maria

Only By His Grace said...

Wow! Gorgeous coloring Rosie.
She's a little cutie. Love your cloud background too. very nice design.
Hugs Maz