Monday, June 27, 2011

La-La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday

Did ya have a great weekend?? I hope so! We celebrated my now 5-year old son's b-day on Saturday. We had a "BATMAN" party at our house with 2 blow-up water slides (there's a story behind having 2 slides...part of it revolves around me running over the first slide and dragging it down the road last year....funny now....not so funny when it happened), bouncy thing, and about 30 people (13 of them were kids). I'll come back later in the week and post pictures. :)

It's Monday and another La-La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday showcase for you. Head on over to the La-La Land Crafts Blog to see the awesome creations from my fellow DT sisters. :) If you haven't heard, La-La Land Crafts is posting inspiration every Monday & Friday. My fellow DT members are split into two teams, Team Monday and Team Friday, so you'll get to see tons of ideas with the Marci & Luka line of stamps. You can participate too and upload your creations to the Gallery! We would love to see your work! So get your La-La Land stamps out and join us in our weekly inspiration.

The inspiration today is to "Make a Circle Card." I decided to use the ever-so-sweet Darling Marci.

Isn't she a cutie?! I colored her with Copics, Chalk & Stardust Stickles. You can see the details at the bottom of my post. Her dress is actually paper-pieced and then I did the shadowing with chalks.

Here's the front view of the card. All the paper is from Close to My Heart. I love that their paper packs have cardstock and dps together.....all designed to coordinate! It definitely makes designing a card or scrapbook page much quicker & easier!! At different points throughout the year, CTMH will have special kits they release and this one was called Miracle. It had coordinating embellishments (ribbon, brads, buttons) and embossed-resist chipboard pieces (butterfly and frame). You just rub ink over the chipboard pieces and the white design shows through.

You can see better here on the frame around the sentiment. I used CTMH Sweet Leaf ink and rubbed it on the chipboard frame and the white scroll lines appeared. The sentiment is also from CTMH. Now, are you wondering where did that part of the card come from, I didn't see it in the pics up top? Well......

Surprise....it's a Circle Easel Card! I found an awesome tutorial on Norma's Blog: From My Craft Room. Since this is my first ever Circle Easel Card I kept it simple and didn't do the swing part on the bottom of the card, but I think I'll try it on my next one.

The flower is from WOC. The rhinestone swirls and white pearls came from my stash. I hope you enjoyed my card and I wish you all a great week ahead!

Card Recipe

Stamp: Darling Marci (La-La Land Crafts)
Papers: CTMH Miracle
Copics:
Skin: E000 & chalk/Lips: R20
Hair: E49, E29, E33
Dress: Paper-pieced & chalk
Bow/Trim on Dress/Shoes: B00 & chalk

Accessories: SB Scallop Circle, WOC flowers, Rhinestones (my stash), Pearls (my stash)

Hugs,
Rosie

2 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Rosey dear.. Love this cute little card and oh my your coloring on that hair is outstanding!!
Happy week to you dear...
hugs, Janiel

Arlene said...

she really is "DARLING!" Love this circle easel card. ♥