Thursday, June 30, 2011

CropStop Challenge-Show Us Your National Colors

This week's challenge at CropStop is to show us your National colors. I live in the U.S.A. so that means red, white & blue! It's also approaching the anniversary of our Nation's Independence Day, July 4th. To top it all off, my 12-year wedding anniversary to the most wonderful, supportive, loving, and AMAZING man is July 3rd! We've been together a total of 17 years and I love him more now than I ever have. Furthermore, he's an awesome father and very hands on with our son, which makes me appreciate and love him even more. To say the least, I am very blessed!

Today, I decided to use Tilda in Star Dress....she's very patriotic waving her flag....perfect for this challenge! I colored her with Copics and then did the shading on her face and clothes with chalk. I added Stardust Stickles to the red areas of her dress, hair bows, and white stars. I also added Glossy Accents to her white shoes to give them that patent leather look.

I made another Circle Easel Card and got the directions from Norma's Blog here. I used my SB Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Scor-Pal and Scor-Tape to put the card together. The dp on the top is from Creative Imaginations and the dp on the bottom is from The Paper Studio. The red, felt ribbon is from Michael's "Celebrate It" line. The glittery, blue swirls are made by Jolee's. The star embellishment on the ribbon and the sentiment are Americana Grand Adhesions Dimensional Stickers from K&Company.

The red chipboard frame is from CTMH. It started off white and I inked it with red ink. The white dashed lines are embossed on the chipboard and show through when you add the ink. The white pearls are also CTMH.

Here's a side view. I raised Tilda up on pop-dots.

Well, that's it for me! I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. Hubby has already got a hotel reserved for the Anniversary weekend, but didn't tell me which one. We are keeping this one low-key since we're heading to WA to see my family in a few weeks. I do know that there will be a little shopping involved. I'm always wanting scrapbook stuff, but this time I might venture out and do something different....we'll see, LOL!

Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday!

Hugs,
Rosie

Photobucket

23 comments:

Peggy said...

I just had to post this on my blog this is the cutest darn thing ever!! I'm Peggy/videographer for Cropstop I linked your blog you do awesome stuff!!! thanks for sharing. Peggy C

Sharon said...

Oh WOW, this is absolutely stunning! Congrats on your anniversary. hugs Sharon

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Rosie, WOW!!! I love the extraordinary shape of this card, so pretty! Tilda is wonderfully colored, and... what a beautiful day to get married, July 3rd is my birthday!We'll celebrate!
Gorgeous work.
Hugs

Michelle Pearson said...

This is a simply amazing creation! Loaded with detail and personality! LOVE IT! :)

Tracey M. said...

Can you get any more talented, girl!???! Gorgeous! The color is phenomenal. So proud of you!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! :)

Janiel/ janny said...

Rosie!!! THIS IS TOTALLY STUNNING!!!!!!!
Happy 4th to you dear..
Janiel

Rhonda Miller said...

That's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Cutest Fourth of July card ever Rosie! I love how you colored Tilda =)

Chris said...

This is absolutely adorable, Rosie! I just love all the glittered accents on Tilda's clothing (even her little socks)! Sooooooooo cute! You did a gorgeous job on this work of art. It's precious!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Anonymous said...

Your card is just Beautiful! love all the detail. Great job.
hugs Julie P

Barb Hardeman said...

WOW! What's not to love about this gorgeous card! Love everything about it from stars to ribbon to sparkle and accents. Beautifully done!
Hugs,
Barb

Peggie said...

Super cute. Love the swirls.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & stunning shape card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

Rosie, absolutely gorgeous card. I love her dress and all the details.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Rosie!
Congratulations on your anniversary.
Your card is exceptional. I love the way you colored Tilda and made the flag. Really beautiful.
Happy 4th of July.
Hugs Maz

Cami said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie! Your coloring is awesome and everything you used to put this together is wonderful! Happy Anniversary!
Cami

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! this is so delightful, fab colouring, shape and embellishments. Gorgeous creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kelly said...

Your card is awesome, I love it. How more perfect can you get, the colors and your coloring is so exquisite. This is my favorite card. I love details like this one.

Elle said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love how your paper pieced her dress.

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, love the details
Louise

Christina C. said...

Rosie...you outdid yourself...this is truly extraordinarily gorgeous!
Love the gorgeous shape, your fabulous coloring and the stunning details. Ohhhhhh, your Tilda is colored to perfection!

Unknown said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!!! Wow just beautiful!!!! Love it!!!!