Sunday, September 9, 2018

Dies R Us: Sea You Soon using Lawn Fawn!

Happy Monday everyone! I'm back today for Dies R Us featuring several Lawn Fawn Dies. Before I get to my card, I wanted to let you know that Dies R Us is having a DESIGN TEAM CALL!! You can check out the details HERE! It's an awesome team!!

I love how fun and creative Lawn Fawn dies are for creating scene cards, so I decided to pull out several of them for this cute, wintry card!

++++++++++++++++++++++++
The links to all of the products used from the Dies R Us Store are shown below. Here is a step-by-step of how I created this card.
 
One of my favorite dies I use to create scene cards is the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Backdrop-Landscape Die. I love that it already separates the different landscape areas for you.


I knew I wanted the bottom of the card to be water. I found a strip of left-over paper colored with Distress Oxide Inks in my stash. The tutorial on how I created the distressed water is HERE. The strip was too narrow to fully cover the bottom portion of the Landscape die-cut. I decided to cut the piece twice with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Wave Border Die so I could spread it apart.


Next, I glued the pieces to a separate piece of white cardstock that was also cut with the Stitched Wave Border Die.


I used an older die from Lawn Fawn called the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables to trim up the edges so it would have a matching stitched edge. You could use any stitched rectangle die that is the same length of the Stitched Hillside Backdrop, or you can just trim it up with a paper trimmer.


  
Next, I created a seal and a narwhal using the Lawn Fawn Narwhal and Friends Die Set. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this die!! Look at the different options you have with this one die set!!


I added some icebergs in the background using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Mountain Border Die. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You. Also, I raised various panels and the animals on foam squares for added dimension.



 ************************************
Here are the Dies R Us products used:





Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You Stamp Set (sentiment)


Thermoweb 3D Foam Squares


**********************************************************************
For more inspiration, come join the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month, and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us StoreFor your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
Come check these out! Click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Have an AWESOME Monday!

No comments: