Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Dies R Us: Sending My Deepest Thanks!

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm back with a card featuring some awesome Lawn Fawn products available for purchase at the Dies R Us Store. They have a huge array of Lawn Fawn stamps and tons of dies from various manufacturers! They have even added paper pads and inks to their inventory so you can purchase everything you need at one location to make some really AWESOME cards!
 
 
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
The links to all of the products used from the Dies R Us Store are shown below. Here is a step-by-step of how I created this card.
 
The first step in making this card was to create the underwater scene. I rubbed Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink at the bottom of watercolor paper to create the sea bottom. Next, I added Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon.
 
I felt I needed an additional blue and settled on Broken China Distress Oxide for the top of the paper. Then I added some throughout the middle.
 
Next, I spritzed the top with water from a spray bottle, and let it sit for a few seconds.
 
I then use a paper towel to blot up the excess water. The areas where the water was sitting turns lighter when you blot.
 
I think the Lawn Fawn Narwhal & Friends Die Set is so adorable and awesome, so it had to come and live with me!! Not only can you create a narwhal, but also a seal and a whale. CUTE right?!!
 
T
 
I, of course, had to go with the unicorn of the sea and made the Narwhal! He's so adorable!!
 
I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Wave Border die to cut a wave at the top of the blue water color paper. 
 
Then I decided I needed a watercolor sky. I just used watercolor paper and watercolor markers and made steaks with different colors. Then came in with a water brush and blended the colors together.
 

The last step was to assemble it all together! The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn You Are Sublime Stamp Set.
 
You can see in the side view that I raised the Narwhal on some foam squares for added dimension.
 
 ************************************
Here are the Dies R Us products used:




Thermoweb 3D Foam Squares

**********************************************************************
For more inspiration, come join the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month, and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us StoreFor your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
Come check these out! Click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Have an AWESOME Thursday!

No comments: