Sunday, June 25, 2017

7 Kids Your Crafting Store: Under the Sea Watercolor Background Tutorial

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you are having an awesome weekend so far! It's Rosie here today sharing a tutorial on an under-the-sea watercolor background I made for a recent card on my blog.


I used these awesome metallic ink pans from Prima Marketing Metallic Accents. I LOVE these! The colors are so pretty and bright and versatile for so many different applications!


These are the gorgeous metallic colors in the set.

I start of with a wet paintbrush and add water along the bottom edge to make the coral or seaweed.

 I used this pretty green. You have to add quite a bit of water to the pans and mix to activate the paint.

 I then go over the wet lines of the design with the metallic watercolor and just freehand the parts that branch out.

I use a heat gun to speed up the drying process.

This is the metallic blue I used for the water.

I wet the paper first at the top and then add the blue to the wet areas so the color spreads easier.

You can see the pretty shimmer in this photo.

Here's another view. I would go over the green one more time just to darken it some more.

These metallic watercolors are also vibrant on dark cardstock! I use the paintbrush to do a little calligraphy to show you how awesome they really are on the black! I've got so many ideas for these fabulous ink pans.

You can check out all the amazing products at 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store HERE. And be sure to check out the NEW ARRIVALS section to see the latest items.

Hugs,
Rosie

No comments: