Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Paper Shelter~Travel the World!

 Happy Wednesday everyone! Today starts a new challenge at The Paper Shelter. 

Our theme this week is: 

TRAVEL the WORLD!
 
Show us your creation using a favorite or dream travel destination!! That means we want to see cards that take you to different countries, cities, places, maps, airplanes, ferries (boats) etc. Anything you can think of having to do with traveling. However images of toy airplanes or boats won't do it.

At The Paper Shelter, there is a new challenge every week along with an awesome prize up for grabs!! What's the prize? If you play with a TPS image and win, you get a $30 gift certificate to spend in The Paper Shelter STORE.

If you play with a different image, you have a chance of  winning three digis of your choice. You can view all the challenge rules HERE.
Challenge prize badge 

For my card today, I used this new digi called Summer Attitude. She's chillin' on the beach in Bora Bora or Hawaii. I'm saying Bora Bora because that's where I'm headed to this summer for my 15 year Anniversary! The hubby surprised me with this amazing vacation and I can't wait!! :)
 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E11, E13
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Eyes: E42, E43
Lips, R22, R27
Peach: R02, R05, R08
Blue: BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18
Pink: R81, R83, R85
Yellow: Y11, YR21, YR23, YR27
Dog: E81, E84, E87, C3, C5, C7
Dog Surfboard: R24, R27, R29, E53

The tropical decorative papers were from a 12x12 paper pad that I got at Walmart. It also came with stickers and die-cuts, which I used for the flowers and the sentiment. The palm tree was fussy cut out from a Webster's Pages 12x12 sheet of paper.
 To enter our challenge, head over to The Paper Shelter Blog and link up your card. Be sure to use a new project please....no backlinking. This challenge will run until Tuesday, July 1st.

Have a great week!
Rosie :)

9 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Rosie this is just awesome....I hope to enter this challenge this week am wanting some ME time for a change...xxx ♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Colette said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, stunning colouring, and lucky you off to Bora Bora, 25 years for me in September and I'll be lucky to get to Scotland, hugs, Colette xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Rosie, I love your card the idea of spending a holiday in Hawaii is just so inviting wish I was there. A stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Gail said...

Ahhhh Rosie, I am green with envy.....first of all to go to Bora Bora...OMGosh I see posters of the huts in the water on stilts and have dreamed of being there. I hope you have the most wonderful vacation, ever! And being in Texas...I don't know if you're on the coast, but I live in Phoenix and with no ocean, I crave vacations on the water's edge. Now to the card...this is colored magnificently. Your coloring is fantastic. This is the most colorful and gorgeous summer card I've seen this year. This is truly outstanding with your diecuts that accept the image perfectly. Beautiful card. Hugs, Gail

cebelica said...

Chillin' in Bora Bora or Hawaii? Doesn't sound bad at all. I wouldn't mind trading my place with the girl you used on your card. ;)
Have an AMAZING time at Bora Boda. Doh, I don't know why I'm even saying this ... Of course you will!!! :D
Gorgeous bright card. Really brings out the best of summer - fun, sun and beach/sea.
Hugs! xx

NicoleDesigns said...

Surf's up Rosie.... makes me wish I was something sunny and sandy right now.... this is amazing.... xo Nikki

NicoleDesigns said...

Surf's up Rosie.... makes me wish I was something sunny and sandy right now.... this is amazing.... xo Nikki

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Just awesome. Love it Rosie x

Vannessa said...

This is just gorgeous - love all your embellishments too. Hugs, Vannessa x