Wednesday, January 1, 2014

7 Kids College Fund Challenge~ANYTHING GOES

Happy Wednesday everyone!! I hope you all have had a great week so far! It's the new year and time for another 7 Kids College Fund Challenge. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope you rang it in with a blast!! The challenge for the next 2 weeks is:

ANYTHING GOES!

Just be sure to use a stamp sold in the 7 Kids College Fund Store in order to be eligible for the prize and top 3!!

Those of us on the Design Team will be switching things up a bit. Even though our challenge will be "Anything Goes", we decided to add a twist of WHITE ON WHITE for our cards today!! So be sure to head over to the 7 Kids Challenge Blog to see all the creations from my fellow DT Sisters!!
 
On my card today I used this super cute image called Little Darlings Trimming The Tree from Saturated Canary. I know, I know...it's a Christmas card, but I'm always late so you'll see a few for Christmas cards from me this coming week. She was stamped on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.
 
 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Red: R22, R24, R27, R29
Green: G21, G24, G28
Blue: B91, B93, B95
Shoes/Tree Box: E41, E42, E43

Okay, I did cheat a little and added some kraft cardstock to the mix. But the rest is white cardstock with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges. I even pulled out my newly purchased CHEVRON Embossing Folder from Crafters Companion. I LOVE the 6x6 size since that's the card size I make most often! I used some Stampendous Frantage Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel around the image. To make the poinsettia, I used my favorite Spellbinders Poinsettia Creations Shapabilities die. I curled the petals before assembling and added Melissa Frances Pewter pearls to the center. The lace was in my stash.
 
 Supplies from the 7 Kids STORE:
Rosie :)

5 comments:

Mojca said...

waw what a cute image, love your gorgeous red colours. hugs! MOjca

Rachel Parys said...

She is so pretty!! I really have no excuse not to join this challenge!! Maybe today I will finally find some crafty time!

cebelica said...

Don't worry, we won't tell you "cheated". ;P
I love the chevron embossing background. Great card. Hugs! xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the way you colored your image! And that poinsettia is beautiful!

Karen said...

Rosie, your card is fabulous! Your coloring looks awesome. Happy New Year!

Karen