Sunday, June 9, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Challenge #18~TIME TO CELEBRATE!

I hope you're having a great weekend! We had a busy day yesterday hanging out with family! We always love when the family can come to hang out. Paul's cousin is doing some training in Ft. Worth and the entire family came with him. They have two little boys (one's a baby) so I got my baby fix in yesterday! I love me some babies!! 
 
Today starts a new challenge over at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts. The theme for the next two weeks is:
 
TIME TO CELEBRATE!!
Create a CARD using a celebratory theme.
June 9 - June 21
Ends: Noon (pst)

It's time to break out the confetti, fun stamps and papers and we can't forget all those celebration sentiments.  There are lots of reasons to celebrate, the birth of a baby, a graduation, a milestone birthday, the beginning of summer, someone's retirement, finishing a marathon, the list goes on and on.  With so many different occasions you can celebrate you're bound to need cards for those right?  Well here's your chance to create one and while you're at it, might as well try to win a gift certificate from us.  :)

Now don't forget to follow the rules. They are super simple and easy to follow.  Before you decide to link up I highly suggest you click on the challenge info tab located at the top of the Yumi and Fumi page and read the rules. Unfortunately, if your card DOES NOT meet the rules it will be removed from Inlinkz. 

The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate and our Top 3 will receive a 10% discount code to be used in the Yumi & Fumi online store.:)

For my card today I used Chuckles with Gecko....he sooooooo looks like my husband!! The graduation cap is a sticker from a  Jolee's graduation sticker set.

Copics:
Skin: E02, E11, E13, E15
Shirt: R27, B02
Gecko: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97

My green dp with the numbers is from DCWV The Grade School Stack and the yellow glittery stars dp is from DCWV The Edumacation Stack. Both pads were bought at Michaels. The wide ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. I punched the corner stars from a Martha Stewart Border Punch Set. The scallop circle was cut using the Nellie Snellen Flower Multiframe Die. The sentiment is a sticker.

Now it's your turn! We're looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations over the next two weeks on the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog. Challenge #18-TIME TO CELEBRATE ends Friday, June 21st at Noon, PST. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a great Sunday!!
Hugs,
Rosie

2 comments:

cebelica said...

So good that you got to spend some time with Paul's cousin and his family. I'm sure you had a lovely time! :) I hope you'll get to spend even more time with your relatives during the summer holidays.
Your card turned out great! I loooove this graduation cap. It looks like as if it was made for Chuckles. He he.
Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

How fantastic is this? So cool Rosie and I have to say I am loving those ribbons!! wish there was a HL around these parts, all we have is Michael's and Big Joanns. Would love something with variety. I think Chuckles does look a little like Paul. hahaha!! Fun card with the nice cap touch. This is awesome!
:D
xx