Friday, June 21, 2013

TGF Farm Fresh Friday~~SUMMERTIME!

 
TGIFriday everyone! WOOT, WOOT! Before I get to our challenge today I just wanted to wish my sweet little boy a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He turns 7 years old today. All week I've been looking at him and wondering where the time has gone....hard to believe it's already been 7 years!! 
 
This week we started swim lessons. Now, my son hates water on his face. When he takes a shower if he got water on his face I would have to grab a towel and wipe his face or he would freak out. They don't waste anytime at swim lessons. On the very first day they had them putting their entire faces under water. For Isaiah it was a really scary thing!! However, today he was jumping off the diving board in the deep end and then swimming to the side. It's only been 4 days!! To say the least, I am sooooo very PROUD of him!! He didn't even want to go back after the first day and now he want to get a pool in our backyard, LOL!! Today we'll be spending quality time celebrating him!!
 
Today starts a new Farm Fresh Friday Challenge at The Greeting Farm. This week's theme is: 

SUMMERTIME! 
  
For my card today I used the set Sitting Cute. I just LOVE her pigtails!!
 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Shirt: R81, R85, YR21, YR24
Pants/Shoes: R81, R83, R85
 
I didn't create a summer scene per say.....instead I used some yellow and blue to create the summer feeling....kind of like she's sitting on the edge of a pool with the sun behind her. I live in Texas now and I soooooo need a pool right now!! The dps are from My Mind's Eye Indie Chic-Nutmeg 6x6 paper pad. The doilies were in my stash. I inked the smaller one with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. The ribbon was from my stash also along with the gold rhinestones. The sentiment comes with the Sitting Cute set and was cut out using Spellbinder Floral Ovals. Anya and the sentiment are raised on pop-dots.
 
Here's how to play: 
  • You must use a TGF stamp (rubber, digi, or clear) as your main image.
  • Entries must be uploaded via InLinkz (on TGF Blog) no later than Thursday, June 13th at NOON CST.
  • You can add a direct link to your entry from your personal blog, SCS gallery, Flickr or TGF galleria. (If the InLinkz tool is missing, feel free to link your submission URL in the comment section!) 
  • The fabulous prize: A random participant will be selected to win their choice of an in-stock SINGLE RUBBER STAMP or a 4x6 set!
Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

2 comments:

cebelica said...

Happy birthday to Isaiah!! :D I have no doubt he will be spoiled on his special day.
It0s great that the swimming lessons are going so well for him. I can see why you are proud. Soon he won't want to get out of water. He he. ;)
Your card is very pretty. I like the yellow doily. Great idea to colour it with DI. Looks great!
Hugs! xx

Mojca said...

Ohhh your card is gorgeous Rose! I wish your sun a lovly birthday with lot's of cake :) I hope his swimming lessons continue so positively as they started. hugs! Mojca