Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspiration Monday-Monchromatic

Hi y'all! Well, things are still going smoothly with our upcoming move to Texas....thank goodness! We had a little glitch with the appraisal on the new house, but we worked through it and are getting the house for even cheaper....seems so unreal!! It seems like everything is happening so quickly. I can't believe the move will be here in about 1 1/2 weeks....CRAZY, huh? I'm trying to work ahead this week on my DT projects so I can get everything set up before I have no internet. Not sure how I'm going to handle not having internet for a little bit. :(

It's Monday and time for another La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Challenge. The theme this week is:

MONOCHROMATIC

I used the super gorgeous, Marci with Rose. She reminds me of my mom so much because my mom loves to garden and loves to wear hats. I don't think my mom goes anywhere without a hat, haha!

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Lips: R22
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Hat/Dress/Shoes: V17, V15, C7, C5, C3, G46, G43, V28, V25, V22

Since this image reminds me of my mom I decided to use my mom's favorite color for my Monochromatic card.....PURPLE! The floral dp is full of various colors of purple and gray. I'm not sure who it's from....it was in my stash. I distressed the edges of my papers with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The pearls are from Close to My Heart and the ribbon came from my stash.

I dry embossed the panel behind Marci with a new embossing folder I got from CropStop called Cart-Us ROSES. It's such a beautiful embossing folder and perfect for Marci with Rose! After I embossed it, I rubbed CTMH White ink over the top to bring out the embossing.

The CTMH sentiment is heat embossed using Stampendous Detail White embossing powder.

I hope you get a chance to play along with us by uploading your creations to our Customer Gallery. Don't forget, you can get these awesome stamps and the new line of dies in the LLLC Store. There are also a few stamps in the RETIRED section you might want to snatch up at a reduced price. :)

Have a great week and see you back here soon!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that gorgeous paper, very pretty card
Hugs julie P

eva said...

so pretty! love the purples!

Kwilt said...

I love your creations Rosie! Beautiful card! Ü
Hugs...Kathy

Unknown said...

Isn't she fabulous what a super card and what a gorgeous ribbon and bow too well done Rosie Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Isn't she fabulous what a super card and what a gorgeous ribbon and bow too well done Rosie Hugs Elaine

cebelica said...

I like how feminine and elegant this card is. So beautiful! Hugs! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely in lilac! Super card! Hugs, Lesley