Monday, June 4, 2012

La-La Land Crafts New DIE Showcase!

Happy Monday to you all!! I'm so glad you joined me this morning because I have a special announcement for you! As many of you know, La-La Land Crafts now has steel dies and they are AWESOME!

Today there is a SPECIAL post at the La-La Land Crafts Blog! Our Design Team members (both Team Monday & Team Friday) are showcasing all of the wonderful, new LLLC DIES!! WOOT, WOOT! :)

To top off all the goodness, LLLC is having an Introductory DIE sale!!

Use discount code INTRO10 at checkout to receive 10% off your total die order (you may purchase other products along with dies, but the discount will be applied to dies only). You will need to hurry over to the LLLC Store because this sale is only good for two days! Today and tomorrow - JUNE 4th & JUNE 5th!!

*at this time LLLC is not shipping dies to Australia and New Zealand. If you are in Australia or New Zealand, please contact your local craft store to purchase these dies. If you need to find a store location, please email Copic X-Press at jacqui@xpressgraphx.com.au and they will be happy to assist you.

If you would like to play along with us this week, our challenge for you is:
USE A DIE!

For my project today, I used several of the new DIES:
Cloud, Sun & Island Die Set, Palm Tree Die and Wave Border Die

I cut out 6 Islands and layered them to create a larger island. I also cut 8 Wave Borders (4 in white and 4 in dps) and layered them over each other. For the sun, I traced the die and cut a little outside of my pencil line to create the mat for the sun die.

I also used the super-cute Mermaid Marci and colored her with the following Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E47, E57, E35
Starfish: YR21, YR23, Y02
Top: BG53, BG57, BG70
Tail: YG11, YG17, YG25, YG67

The Palm Tree, Sun, and Mermaid Marci are raised on pop-dots.

I hope you enjoyed my project! Don't forget to head on over to the LLLC Store and get your dies using the discount code INTRO10. Believe me, you'll love the versatility of these dies!

Have a great week and don't forget to check back here on Friday for another special release! :)

Hugs,
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Kwilt said...

Super Adorable card Rosie! I LOVE what you did with that palm tree...man, I have to stop watching and start playing! ;)

Hugs...Kathy

Leanne said...

Wow Rosie, this is AWEmazing! Love Mermaid Marci (Her hair and tail are gorgeous) and love what you did with the dies! This is fabulous!
;)

Anonymous said...

always love your cards ... great inspiration as ever!

cebelica said...

This card is perfect for this time of the year. Makes me wish to go on the summer holidays tomorrow (if I only could ... ;)). Beautifully done! Hugs! xx