Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration Monday-Favorite Things

Good Monday Morning to ya! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty busy! We babysat our nieces and nephew so their parents could celebrate their wedding anniversary. It was great having them over and Isaiah LOVES playing with his cousins!! That's something my husband and I didn't get to experience as kids because we were both military brats and had to move every few years. It's nice that we live close to Paul's family so our little boy gets the opportunity to see his cousins, Aunt, and Uncle almost every week. :)

Before I get to this week's Inspiration Monday Challenge, did you see that LLLC is have a SALE??
PRE-CHA Rubber Stamps SALE!! Enter PRECHA20 code upon checkout to receive 20% OFF on all LLLC rubber stamp purchases of $100 or more (before shipping and taxes). It's like getting two free stamps!! PLUS we will add one FREE stamp from one of our older collections to every order placed using this offer code.
*LLLC RUBBER stamps ONLY! Digi Stamps, Cheery Lynn Dies, Dyan Reavley stamps and Kits are NOT included in this sale!
*This offer is valid until Friday, January 20th.
Now on to our Inspiration Challenge:

Favorite Things

This can be anything - your favorite La-La Land Crafts stamp, colour combo, dies, papers etc!

I thought this would be an easy challenge, but I have so many favorite things!! I had to limit my card to just a few things so it wasn't so overwhelming......lots of layers scare me, LOL! I'm just not very good at the whole layering thing....it boggles my mind!

Since I love cupcakes, I had to use this super-cute Sugar n' Spice Marci. And, of course, she wouldn't be complete without another favorite of mine....Stardust Stickles! I use them all the time!!

Copics & Chalk
Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, R20, Chalk
Hair/Spoon/Cupcake Frosting: E29, E37, E33
Cupcake Liner: Y21, Y15, R20
Pink: R32, R24, R22, RV13, Stardust Stickles
Apron: Paper-pieced, Stardust Stickles

I absolutely love paper kits, but most 12x12 kits have dps with huge designs that don't fair very well for card-making. Well, recently I came across some Echo Park kits and they are FABULOUS! The dps are double sided and have smaller designs on them that are perfect for us cardmakers! The dps and sentiment for this card came from Echo Park Little Girl Collection.

Another new favorite of mine are the Craft Concepts 5th Avenue Glam Embossing Folders. These embossing folders have an open middle section at the top of the embossing folder so you can slide a strip of long paper through the opening and make a continuous embossed strip....AMAZING!

For my green embossed background I used the 5th Avenue Glam BROCADE embossing folder. After I embossed it, I rubbed CTMH White Daisy Ink over the top with my finger to bring out the design. I used my wonderful Bow Easy to make my double-loop bow.

My other favorites: Pink Lace from Recollections, Close to my Heart Pearls, and Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossoms (I love all their flowers!).

Challenges Entered:
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes

Don't forget you can participate in all our challenges during the month by uploading your creations to the LLLC Customer Gallery. At the end of the month, LLLC will do a random drawing for a gift certificate to the STORE.

Have a great week and see ya back her soon!

Love ya and thank you for visiting!
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Inge said...

Beautiful card with all the glitter and pink Rosie!

Faye said...

Rosie! Your colouring is AWESOME! This is a gorgeous creation. :) xxx

Katie said...

What a darling card!

cebelica said...

It's really great your little boy gets to spend so much time with his cousins. It sure sounds like they are having lots of fun when they are together. :)

Your card is sugary sweet!! Pink and green look great together. I love the embossed background and the adorable image. Hugs!