Monday, July 4, 2011

La-La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday-Monochromatic with splash of one color

Happy 4th of July! I'm on my way back from my Anniversary Weekend today. Hubby and I got married on July 3rd....12 years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long! He's an amazing guy and I'm so blessed to have him as my husband!

Today is another La-La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday showcase for you. Head on over to the La-La Land Crafts Blog to see the awesome creations from my fellow DT sisters. :) If you haven't heard, La-La Land Crafts is posting inspiration every Monday & Friday. My fellow DT members are split into two teams, Team Monday and Team Friday, so you'll get to see tons of ideas with the Marci & Luka line of stamps. You can participate too and upload your creations to the Gallery! We would love to see your work! So get your La-La Land stamps out and join us in our weekly inspiration.

The inspiration today is to make a Monochromatic card with a splash of one color. I felt Marci with Rose was perfect for this challenge. I decided to try something different and stamped Marci on cream cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. I colored her hair with Copics E25, E33, & E00. The pink areas were colored with R81 and the green with G24. The rest of the coloring/shading was done with chalk.

I used cream/brown for my monochromatic theme and my splash is my favorite color....pink. I distressed all the paper edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. To bring in some additional oomph, I used two different Martha Stewart Punches: Vintage Floral and Embroidered Floral Edge. The large pink flower in the corner is from Recollections. The lacy ribbon/rose border was a long 12" strip that I cut down and is also from Recollections. The white flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Can you believe, I didn't use one sheet of designer paper?!?!?

The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Classic Message that I got from CropStop. The circle frame around the sentiment is from Fiskars Wishes All Around. I embossed them with Zing Rose Embossing Powder and then rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the cardstock. Marci and the sentiment are raised up on pop-dots.

Well, that's it for me. I hope you have a great 4th of July! I'm going to spend the day catching up with my 5-year-old to hear about his weekend adventures with his amazing cousins. A huge thank you to my wonderful SIL who took him for the long weekend so the hubby and I could celebrate our Anniversary!

Hugs,
Rosie

4 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, gorgeous creation with fab colours, hugs pops x x x

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh my look at all the amazing details and the colouring of rosie...

Don’t forget to add it to our linking party for our readers to discover your blog at

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Chris said...

Cute card Rosie.

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty Rosie! Adorable Marcie creating and coloring!