Monday, June 13, 2011

La-La Land Inspirational Monday-A Touch of Red

It's Monday and another La-La Land Crafts Inspirational Monday showcase for you. Head on over to the La-La Land Crafts Blog to see the awesome creations from my fellow DT sisters. :) If you haven't heard, La-La Land Crafts is posting inspiration every Monday & Friday. My fellow DT members are split into two teams, Team Monday and Team Friday, so you'll get to see tons of ideas with the Marci & Luka line of stamps. You can participate too and upload your creations to the Gallery! We would love to see your work! So get your La-La Land stamps out and join us in our weekly inspiration.

As most of you know, I tend to gab a little (sometimes a lot) on my blog. But today, I'm keeping this post short and sweet. I've been dealing with food poisoning the past week and my system still isn't right this weekend. I've been up in pain for the past several hours (it's 2:00 am). As I was getting cozy in bed, I remembered I didn't get my post ready for Monday. So I freaked out and got on my laptop to get this up and going so it can go live on time. You can see the full recipe for my card at the bottom. :)

Today, I'm sharing my card using the sweet Sugar n' Spice Marci. I think she's so CUTE holding her little cupcake. The 3/4" white grosgrain ribbon is from my stash. I used my Bow Easy to make the double loop bow....I love that thing! It's one of the things in card-making you should definitely invest in. I just wish I had invented it! :)

Here's a close up of Sugar n' Spice Marci. She's colored with Copics and Chalk.

Here's a side view so you can see the dimension. I raised up Marci and the sentiment with pop-dots.

Card Recipe

Image Stamp: Sugar n' Spice Marci
Sentiment: CTMH Tasty Treats (D1427)
Papers: Recollections White Cardstock/Red & Yellow Cardstock (my stash)/My Mind's Eye Out & About Glitter Paper Pack
Embellishments: 3/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash)/ Magnolia Tilda Lace Die
Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E02, chalk
Lips: R24
Hair: E29, E25, E33
Blue Areas: BG10 & chalk
Apron: Y21 & chalk
Cupcake: R24, R29, BV23, R81, chalk, Stardust Stickles
Spoon: E29, E37, E33


Well, that's it for me. I'm off to bed. Hopefully I have a pain-free and peaceful night! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me your awesome and sweet comments! I am always so humbled by your feedback. Don't forget you can participate too by linking up to the La-La Land Gallery so we can see your creations. Check the La-La Land Crafts blog on Friday for more inspiration.

Hugs,
Rosie

3 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

fabulously sweet Rosie! hey, get better! yuk, food poisoning does not sound fun! Your Marci is a doll!

Janiel/ janny said...

Rosemary this is adorable!!! Love love love that PERFECT bow as a finishing touch!!
hugs, Janiel

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beautiful, Rosie! Love the combo of Copics and chalk. Sorry to hear you are not well... hoping that you managed to sleep well and get some strength back. You did great with the challenge... thank you for hanging in there! HUGS!