Thursday, April 21, 2011

CropStop Challenge #16-Rainbow

The challenge this week is to make a card/project using all the colors of the RAINBOW......red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet (ROY G BIV). This challenge definitely got me in the summer mood....color-wise at least. I'm not really a summer girl....it's way too hot in Oklahoma for me! Plus, there's only so much you can take off during the summer and I, unfortunately, don't have my plastic surgery body yet, LOL!

I decided to pull out another un-inked Magnolia stamp....Bubbling Tilda. Is it bad that I collect them and have several that have never been inked up yet?!?! I know you fellow crafters feel me. If you're anything like me, then you buy things based on a future idea/concept. I have 50 million projects in my head, but haven't found enough time to get them from my head to paper. I'm hoping when my little boy starts full-day kindergarten, I'll actually have more crafting time. A girl can dream right?!

Here's a close-up of Tilda:
I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copics. I did the shading on her clothes with black chalk. I covered her wings and bubbles with Stardust Stickles.

Here's a full view:
I used Spellbinders Labels One to cut out Tilda and the Rainbow dp (from The Paper Studio All Season paper pack). The background flower/butterfly paper is also by The Paper Studio. The orange and blue cardstock is from my stash. I embossed the blue square with Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles. I edged all my papers with Stardust Stickles for extra shimmer. I embellished the top corner with Hyacinth Dew Drops. The fabulous orange, sheer, ruffle-edge ribbon is from CropStop...isn't it awesome!! I topped it with a Wild Orchid Craft Orange Gardenia Stem Flower (from the "bright color" pack of 25). The flower was a little bit too big. To make it smaller, I pulled off the bottom layer and cut part of the bottom off so it would lay flatter on the ribbon bow. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart Sensational Season (D1454).

Here's a side view: I raised the image panel using pop-dots for added dimension.

As you may remember, CropStop is doing a special Spellbinder promotion for the month of April to celebrate Gloria's new Spellbinder DT position . If you use a Spellbinder product on your card/project be sure to mention it in your blog post before linking to the challenge. This will make you eligible for a separate Spellbinder drawing.

To further celebrate, I'm doing another blog candy! I'm offering up a Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles Large Die, along with a few other goodies. I will post a picture of the candy as soon as I get it all together. :)

To enter the blog candy, just leave a comment on this post (along with a way to get a hold of you if you don't have a blog). For a second entry into my candy, join us in our rainbow challenge at CropStop, then come back and leave me another comment letting me know you linked up.
That's it.....easy, peasy!

These are the challenges I'm entering my card in:

All That Scraps - Magnolia Challenge #9


Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Magnolia-licious


Wild Orchid Challenge - Wings

Have a great Thursday and see you next week for another CropStop challenge. Also, if you haven't checked out my Easter Diorama using 22 Magnolia images....check out my posting below this one or click here. Voting starts today so I hope you vote for me.....Rosemary B.-Category #3. :)

Hugs to you all!
Rosie :)
Photobucket

36 comments:

Madge H. said...

Wow! I just LOVE Tilda in all the colors of the rainbow.....Great job and beautiful coloring!

Shelly said...

I love the rainbow look, so pretty! Great job with your coloring, it looks amazing!

Cheryl said...

Hi I love the bright rainbow cards; you did an amazing job. It is such an inspiration to look at everything that can be done. I do not own a Spellbinders but do have a Cricut Expression and Big Shot. Would either of these work. Cheryl carnold47@att.net

~Michelle~ said...

look at your rainbow coloring! So vibrant and fun! :)

Karen's Fun Blog said...

very cute idea!! : )

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I need to copy it, LOL. Wonderful card, Bye Mascha

Teri said...

Awesome!!! I love her so much!! So cheerful and kinda 60's-70's tie dye look!! Great job!
Hugs,
Teri

Christina C. said...

Rosemary!!!!!!!! THIS IS PHENOMENAL.....WOW....I love the rainbow colors on Tilda!!!!!!!!!!
This is awesome!

Becca said...

Rainbow girl Tilda is rockin'! Way to go Rosie! Great coloring and lovely design! Hugs, Becca

Myrna said...

Love the rainbow dress! Such a clever idea Rosemary!

Norma said...

Rosie, what a delightful card. This Bubbling Tilda is one of my favorites and you’ve beautifully rainbow-coloured her. Cool. Nice bubble-embossed paper to match. Love the sketch.
Hugs,
Norma.

Pops x said...

This is very pretty sweetie, thanks for joining Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week, Good Luck hugs pops x x

cebelica said...

Wow, such a cheerful card. I love it! You colored Tilda beautifully - I really like her dress and wow at her wings. The glitters are a great final touch. Very, very beautiful!

Hugs,
M.

P. S. Just sent you an e-mail too. ;)

Beth said...

Wow, Rosie, this is awesome! Love your rainbow coloring, and the paper to match! Great job!

Corinne said...

Love Tilda's dress...the rainbow of colors is really cute. You did a wonderful job on your card.
Hugs~
Corinne

Kelly Neis said...

I love the rainbow colors, it looks tye dye and they blend perfectly.

Suzi said...

Wow! this is utterly adorable, those rainbow colours are perfect. Beutiful card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Card Crazy said...

Awesome! Your coloring is fabulous!
Sue S.

Sharon Caudle said...

So bright and colorful! Great card!!!
hugs, Sharon

Hlora said...

Fantastic colouring!!! Your are the best master!!

Pam said...

Tie dyed Tilda....love it. You did an awesome job on the coloring!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Betsy said...

I LOVE your rainbow Tilda! She's so cheery and colorful ~ has a retro look! Great job!!!!

Rene said...

Oh wow! This is amazing!
Fantastic...your coloring is amazing!
Rene :D

paperpapier said...

wow, I love the way you colour the dress in rainbow colours...and it is absolutely stunning! Beautiful and very creatively done!

Tinemor said...

WOW!! I just LOVE your coloring!! The card is super cute!!

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge

Hugs ~ Tine

cathylynn said...

What a great idea with the rainbow colors!! Your card is delightful!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Danielle said...

Magnificient Rosemary! I love it. How clever to use the rainbow colors, very nicely done! gorgeous card.
Hugs.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a beautiful card! I love this 'tye-dye' look on Tilda. Very 70's..ish. Reminds me of my younger days....sigh....LOL

Very well done, Rosemary!

Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Janiel/ janny said...

Rosemary this is BEAUTIUFL!!! I was just looking at your fabby Easter Project for Manolia-Licious and OH MY YOU HAVE a wonderful job with it!!! WOW WOW WOW... good luck to you on winning..

Just wanted to pop in and Thank You for entering my blog candy.
hugs, Janiel

Julie said...

I love how you colored Tilda! Very cool!

Julie

Vicki said...

Rosemary, this is gorgeous!!! I love how you used the rainbow colors.

Italia said...

I was looking for a good post. Searching in Yahoo I found this site. After going over this post I'm happy to say that I have found exactly what I was searching for. I will make sure to save this website and check it out on a constant basis. Thanks!

cabio's craft corner said...

So perfect and beautiful coloring on this Tilda image. Gorgeous coloring idea and super sweet creation :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

You do such beautiful work!
Nancy

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty Rosie! love the glittery wings and beautiful coloring! So glad you linked up to All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Kibreab Lam said...

I love how you colored Tilda! Very cool! Julie